• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA Small game gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackdog of vt

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This is a 40. cal small game rifle I just finished for hunting season. I used a blend of influences for inspiration, a little Beck, some Beyer, and some of my own design. It ended up at just over 6lbs. I used a 38'' A weight barrel.

:thumbsup: Oh, my! Wonderful piece of wood. Is that an aquafortis finish? I really like the carving around and behind the cheek piece.
Beautiful.
Ed

Its ferric nitrate crystals mixed with alcohol about 4 to 1, then finished with real tung oil. The carving is just something I came up with similar to some of Beyer's work with the inscise carving.

Nice looking rifle Bro.
Could we get some more close up pics of the rifle.

PM York 57 2002

Latest posts

Back