• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Oregon Barrel Co.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have, for 20 yr. A good product--AND some a the nicest folks around, Joe & Suzie are well known in the Northwest. ...Tom

Yep, All around good folks to deal with, Joe was a champ ML shooter in his comp. days. I would recommend anyone looking for ML gear to give them a good look.....Tom

I had them make a barrel for me this past summer, .54, 1-66" twist. The barrel flat out shoots. It is a very accurate barrel, haven't really found too many combinations that it doesn't like. They were very friendly and easy to work with. Turn around time was about 2 months.

The cons. The barrel exterior was very rough. If you think Green Mountain barrels are rough looking on the outside, this is nothing. It took a lot of polishing on my end to get it ready to blue. The end of the barrel didn't have that "finished" look. No chamfer at the end, just cut off square. No stamp on the barrel at all for caliber or twist, not even a makers mark. Breech plug did not have a clean out screw in it.

I am thinking of another barrel from them next spring, and the cons are issues I would address before I go ahead with it.

hawk driver said:
The cons....The end of the barrel didn't have that "finished" look. No chamfer at the end, just cut off square...Breech plug did not have a clean out screw in it...

I don't know that those are cons. Most original octagon barrels I've examined are square on the end.

What kind of breech plug did they install? I don't know of any plugs that have clean outs....patent breeches sometimes do, but not plugs.

Anyway, it's easier for a builder to put a clean out in if he wants, it's a lot harder to cover one if he doesn't. Same with chamfers on the end of a barrel....easier to file in than to remove. J.M.2.C.

Enjoy, J.D.

I have a pair of OBC 12 Bore rifle barrels I had made to for a double Rifle project. I have not shot them but the workmanship seems to be of very high quality.

Joe makes a super nice barrel about any configuration you want. I have never had a better barrel from any other source than his. AND- you will most likely get it sooner than from any other maker. Joe is # 1 in my book and I am very pickey.

Here ya go. Phone # at the bottom of the page.

I have three rifles with their barrels. Makes me proud! I've stopped by their shop a couple of times a year for the last 10 years or so. That makes me proud too! Great folks and a great shop. You couldn't ask for friendlier, more helpful folks with a lot of experience and inventory.

i'll chime in, for what it's worth ... these are great folks - excellent prices, fantastic customer service, and they always answer whatever question you might have.

I wish they carried bison horns. oops, they do ... gotta order some right away ...

I have used there Drop-in barrels a few times. There not cheap at 350 dollars but where else ya going to get a brand new barrel from for a TC or Lyman in any caliber/twist rate you want.

Oregon makes a barrel as good as any of the others.

What I see as their biggest selling feature is:

YOU pick the length (up to 35")

You pick the twist

You pick the rifling depth

You pick the breech thread size and pitch

And that is considered a "standard" barrel with them.

Rice and Colerain will do that for you as an "option" with added cost and significantly added time.

On the downside, their barrels are restricted to 35" max, so if you want longer (ie. 42) you are out of luck.

They do make straight and tapered barrels but not swamped (they sell Colerain barrels as well).

I personally see them as "the source" for tapered barrels. If you are simply looking for a straight barrel you can pick up one from GM or Colerain and save a few bucks unless you want custom twist/rifling...

I recently bought their last GM T/C drop-in .54 1:28" twist barrel. The GM barrel is what it is and always what it was (Fantastic). The Gun Works customer service is second to none. On my first range session the front sight came loose and would have been a fairly simple repair, but warranty is warranty so I shot (no pun intended) Suzi an email asking if the warranty was through them or GM? The next business day I got a call from Joe and we had a nice conversation about the issue at hand. He said the warranty was through GM but if I did not get satisfaction through GM to call him back and we would figure something out. What a nice experience that was, really nice people over there and I can’t really say that enough times. Anyways, I had already emailed GM about the subject and within a few days I received a new sight from GM.

Anyone can sell high quality merchandise but customer service is what makes the company stand above the rest.

Back