• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Shiloh .54 Caliber Percussion Sporting Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some back story - I purchased this from a shop off of Gun Broker in the hope of using it during the special Muzzleloader seasons. Unfortunately, it is not legal for this in all three States that I deer hunt. Even though they allow all of the modern unmentionable contraptions with bolt-actions and optical sights. When I do hunt during the regular firearms deer seasons, it is almost always with my Model 1885. Now with the complaining over, I am selling this outstanding rifle.

Farmingdale, NY manufactured Shiloh Percussion Sporting Rifle in .54 caliber. This rifle is about as new, and I am not sure it has ever been fired. It is clean, well maintained, with zero corrosion. Color case is strong, bright, and well done. I would not call the wood standard grade. As you can see in the images it has very nice figure. Maybe semi-fancy walnut. Color-cased steel Butt plate. 30-inch octagonal barrel marked Old Reliable on the top flat. Bore and rifling are spotless. It holds the mark of Wolf Droege, who built these rifles prior to the move to Big Timber and was later a consultant before retiring. Blade front sight, with semi-buckhorn rear sight. You can also add a tang sight if desired. All screws are clean, with no buggering from the wrong screwdriver. You will search a long time to find one in this condition.

$1950 shipped within the USA - FIRM. Considering what they sell for new from Shiloh, and the 3 years+ build time and waiting, this is a great deal. Payment by cashier's check or money order. Please send me a private message with any questions. Thanks.

Attachments

• Shiloh1.jpg
    Shiloh1.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Shiloh2.jpg
    Shiloh2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Shiloh3.jpg
    Shiloh3.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Shiloh4.jpg
    Shiloh4.jpg