• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

One piece Kentucky long rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At that price I would go Kibler and have a top notch longrifle
If you want the Kibler you will have to do a lot of work or spend an additional $700 for their in the White option where the barrel, ramrod thimbles, action, trigger guard, and butt plate are fitted for you. Or you could get a Pedersoli Kentucky or Pennsylvania rifle kit from Dixie for a lot less money and all the parts are fitted for you unlike a Kibler kit unless you spend another $700. My scout rifle from Pedersloli is reliable with a little 4f in the main charge. It is the same rifle as their Pennsylvania rifle with a carbine length barrel.

I believe the Scout has the smaller Lock. The Pn. n Alamo by Pedersoli are in the same price range as a Kibler Woods Runner kit. Kibler's kit rips Pedersoli a new one ! Kibler's kit $1200-$1300 area. Can be decently finished in 1-3 weeks. I can't speak for all but the Woods Runner kit will get my vote & i am saving up my samolians for one in a .50

I believe the Scout has the smaller Lock. The Pn. n Alamo by Pedersoli are in the same price range as a Kibler Woods Runner kit. Kibler's kit rips Pedersoli a new one ! Kibler's kit $1200-$1300 area. Can be decently finished in 1-3 weeks. I can't speak for all but the Woods Runner kit will get my vote & i am saving up my samolians for one in a .50
The Kentucky, Scout, and Pennsylvania rifles all use the same lock and vary between $699 and $950 for the kit versions depending on which one you chose. I don't think the Alamo is offered as a kit so it is not comparable. You would need to compare the Alamo rifle to a factory finished Kibler Rifle. Those kits make you do your inletting yourself unless you spend another $700 for Kibler to do the inletting.

It's small but not flimsy. I put about fifty rounds or so with no problems. Occasionally had to change flints every two dozen or so strikes. The antechamber is the one thing I don't like about the Pedersoli Pennsylvania rifles. Putting f4 in the chamber with the main charge helps a lot. You can check Pedersoli part section. The lock says Pennsylvania / Kentucky flintlock. Yes the Kibler lock will be better however the Pedersoli Pennsylvania flintlock is a good lock. It's not flimsy. The Traditions factory flintlock are flimsy.

I will have to agree to disagree. Dainty/petite/small on my Scout/Scout/Scout is a pos ! I have come to the conclusion that mine is the pits. My stock has several long limb scars that i detest the looks of it. So i post here because i don't like others to get took. I tend to get bent when someone trys to run over me n what i am conveying to others !

Back