• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Once again, Uberti v. Pietta v. Cimarron

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfhall50

32 Cal
Reaction score
This question has Ben asked so many times, but I need to ask from a different viewpoint:
I have 2 Cimarron 1858 New Model Army’s.
When I order parts, I assume I should order “Uberti” as the brand name. Nobody mentions Cimarron as a selection.
Specifically, I am looking at SLIXSHOT BLACK POWDER NIPPLES UBERTI.
Thank you.

Bobby

This question has Ben asked so many times, but I need to ask from a different viewpoint:
I have 2 Cimarron 1858 New Model Army’s.
When I order parts, I assume I should order “Uberti” as the brand name. Nobody mentions Cimarron as a selection.
Specifically, I am looking at SLIXSHOT BLACK POWDER NIPPLES UBERTI.
Thank you.

Bobby
BTT

U & P are manufactures. C is an importer of U revolvers.
My 51 Navy ordered thru M&M Outfitters (retailer) was imported by C (came in a C box) was built by U.
Got it?
I think Taylor’s imports ‘mostly’ P but dont quote me.
No idea what DGW imports.

Last edited:
U & P are manufactures. C is an importer of U revolvers.
My 51 Navy ordered thru M&M Outfitters (retailer) was imported by C (came in a C box) was built by U.
Got it?
I think Taylor’s imports ‘mostly’ P but dont quote me.
No idea what DGW imports.

Taylors offers both 'Made by' Pietta and Uberti depending on model, percussion or cartridge). Cimarron used to be Uberti only but in last few years has offered those made by Pietta also. Not sure, but I think that models offered except for real early years of the percussion replica manufacture, most models of like Colts and Remington's take the same thread and nipple dimensions. A good place to check is Track of the Wolfs percussion nipple selection. Track lays out about every make and model of current and past made firearms size nipple requirement. Check your Remington's manufacture proof mark as to maker, if it is Uberti and for Remington doesn't mean a thing if it was sold by Cimarron.

I have owned about 5 Uberti's over the past 30+ years and I have never had a single issue with any of them. Every last one was worth every penny I paid and then some.

With all respect, that endorsement is not worth as much as one might think. Uberti, like Pietta, changes things over time. A 30 year old model is not necessarily equal or unequal to a 20 or 10 or two year old version. Same with Pietta and massively true of specimens sold by all the myriad importers.

Back