• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old style modern made hatchet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
excess650 said:
I bought a few of the Swedish made axes because I had to have them. No photos, but I have a Hults Bruk single bit(older, used), but would have to check the size and weight. The latest and most $$ was the HB carpenter's axe. The lesser $$ that I bought were marketed by Husqvarna. One of them had the SAW logo in addition to Huaqvarna on the handle, so was a Wetterlings at bargain (less than half) price. Unfortunately, someone with sticky fingers took a liking to that one (had a belt sheath), so my remaining Husqvarna is a light forest axe or some such.

Gransfor Bruk are $$! I've seen mention of Stihl axes, and the ones that I have are best suited for driving wedges for felling trees. The edges are not nearly hard enough. :cursing:

IMO, the bargains of hand forged are the Husqvarna axes, and you can buy them from your Husqvarna dealer or online.

I also have a small bearded axe head in need of a handle. Its obviously hand forged and was sourced online from Bulgaria.

Husqvarna is the best buy for the money. A "real" axe/hatchet made in Sweeden.
Grndfors Bruks is probably the accepted best production axe but probably a 100 more bucks than a Husqvarna. I really like my Husqu, I keep it razor sharp, and it really makes cutting easy.

Back