• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ohio BP "Coyote" Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffdrown

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was thinking of having a few BP shooters here for a Feb. BP ONLY "COYOTE" Hunt ! It might work if I call with One Rifle shooter and one smooth bore shooter for close range !

I have a home made call that works good. In the last year we got over 50 "yote"
on farm

So If your interested in this hunt let me know. I'm in Jefferson County just west of Steubenville S.E Ohio.

img_0476.jpg

Sounds like a ton of fun. I just wish it was closer to Tn. I love to hunt yotes. Sounds like yall got a ton of them up there. We had alot last year not to many this year though. Yall kill a bunch!!!

Chance ... Were are You in Tenn? My brother live south of Knoxville. He has a bunch of friends there with big properties ! to hunt?

Hmm you and that yote must be about the same age, cause you both have the same color fur on the face :haha: Good job and happy hunting.. :applause:

I am going calling in the morning and will be using my fox pro and 223.I really want to us my bp rifle but i just got it and have not shot past 25 yards with it yet.

jeffdrown, Our paper has an interesting article on the eastern coyote this morning, probably the same strain as yours in Ohio. "The eastern coyote features genetics from two wolf species: the Canadian gray wolf and the southern red wolf. That makes them larger than their western cousins." They go onto say that the 'average' male is 45lbs., but 56lbs. is not unheard of and though not documented, there are rumors of sixty pounders! They are NOT native to this area.
I have seen a couple that definitely had that red wolf DNA around here, big, and a beautiful animal, but I'd shoot it in a heartbeat. They do have an impact on the local turkey and deer population.
Nice job on that one!!
Robby

I live in Pulaski Tn. It is about 1 1/2 hours South of Nashville. I would love to get together and do some huntin.

I have a home made call that works good. In the last year we got over 50 "yote"
on farm

Is this "Top Secret Info" or would you be willing to share the details on the call? :idunno:

called in a double this morning here in Ca in a almond orchard a friend got this one with his remmy 700 223. i think it was a mating pair this is a female.Just used the little 25 sound spite fire from fox pro.

001-7.jpg

next time i go out i am going to be going bp all the way that my goal right now.

SMO ..I'll put a few pics and a video on here. But don't tell anyone !!! ...lol This call really works !

Back