• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

No Sights?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just go to the shooting range and have a good time. Don't care about competitions or trophies or how fast and accurate anyone else can shoot.

you can say 7 yards all you want but that is still not a valid excuse to not have basic marksmanship skills. In fact if you are going to carry you should not have basic skills but advanced skills. Cowboy action is Not based on real gunfighting skills it's based on the fantasy of the old west. keeping that in mind they should re read a few Louie Lamour books . They would very quickly find out that absolutely none of those hero's would have been satisfied with being able to hit a 20x30 inch rectangle at 7 yards.
Correct. I would add that many people worry about the tenuous state of our nation in that we might very well experience the grid failing at any time. Those.folks, peppers or not, need/want sufficient quality built into their daily gun so that approaching danger can be stopped at distances far greater than 7 yards. Just me, but I shoot a lot but do not get into shooting competitive sports at all, but if my handgun won't regularly hit a gallon jug at 50 yards (speaking directly to the weapon's inherent accuracy,) I'd get one that could. And I will point out that any handgun that can that will certainly do it at 7 yards.If the nation collapses, real world violence will be prominent.No, cowboy action shooting does little or no good except in maybe isolated incidents in a real fallen society. The same holds true with our rifles. Even our shotguns.

Correct. I would add that many people worry about the tenuous state of our nation in that we might very well experience the grid failing at any time. Those.folks, peppers or not, need/want sufficient quality built into their daily gun so that approaching danger can be stopped at distances far greater than 7 yards. Just me, but I shoot a lot but do not get into shooting competitive sports at all, but if my handgun won't regularly hit a gallon jug at 50 yards (speaking directly to the weapon's inherent accuracy,) I'd get one that could. And I will point out that any handgun that can that will certainly do it at 7 yards.If the nation collapses, real world violence will be prominent.No, cowboy action shooting does little or no good except in maybe isolated incidents in a real fallen society. The same holds true with our rifles. Even our shotguns.
Uh oh. I see what I've done there. Nothing in my last post has anything to do with muzzleloading. Don't know what I was thinking. Very sorry.

Back