• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

No reenactments at Ticonderoga this year?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbg

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I just checked Fort Ti's website, and there is no F&I nor Rev War reenactments listed. Anyone know what is going on? I have enjoyed going to them for years and would hate to learn they are not doing them anymore.

Check out July 21 & 22. Looks like they are still doing it only a little different. I too would be sad if they did away with those events.

The Brigade of the American Revolution is having an event there in July. Only BAR members can attend though.

True! Neither the F&I or Rev War weekend events will occur this year at Ft Ti. It all is a part of the new Ft Ti director's plans for presenting the fort's history. There are several smaller, by invite, events planned that you can find on the fort's website. There will be a more concerted effort to present both HC and PC historical offerings, and this has led to many reenactors choosing to not attend. Both the sutlers and the spin off commercial benefits within Ticonderoga village are greatly upset with this new direction. The public/visitors to the fort at last Year's 'reduced' events were also upset. Remains to be seen how long this new approach will last.

Am I missing something here? I have never been to Ticonderoga but it would seem that having a greater emphasis on HC / PC events should attract re-enactors rather than have them stay away. Was it more of a rondy approach in the past?

it's not so much an emphasis on on HC/PC as it is a swing to excessive HC/PC and the manner in which it was presented to the reenactors and sutlers by the new regime at Fort Ti that led to the boycott by so many. There has to be a reasonable balance between 21st century lives and 18th century representations. Fort Ti reenactments had always enjoyed a reputation as being some of the best for F&I and Rev War reenactments. However, the implementation method of stricter rules was what has led to the impasse. Strong rumor has it that last Year's reduced numbers of participants were actually stipended to attend. Many of the public attending, expecting to see an event of past magnitude, were chagrined to have been charged full admittance prices for a very much reduced reenactment event.

Latest posts

Back