• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is considering joining the NMLRA decide if you are joining the organization or buying a magazine. If only the magazine and it proves to be of no interest, then don't buy the magazine. I buy my magazines at Barnes & Noble they have a large selection.

I was very excited and hopefull when I found out about the TMA. I thought maybe that need had found an answer.
After being attacked repeatedly by board members, lied about publicly by two of them, the magazine rip-off fiasco, and being banned from ever having access to their website because two board members don't like me,

To whom it may concern:

And they are still not done with him. If only he would re-up they could finish him off and get it out of their system. :blah:

As for anyone else, come on over, we'll take good care of you. Promise. :hatsoff:

Regards, sse

P.S. I had not heard that they gave away an inline out west for first prize...??!! That takes the cake.

P.S. I had not heard that they gave away an inline out west for first prize...??!! That takes the cake.
If you get Muzzle Blast you couldnt open it up and not see it. Everyone has good points and some "I" dont think so good, when I rejoined a few weeks ago(my year was up) it gave me the "the right" to write the " Prez" about how I felt.(seems to me) It wont be the only letter he gets this LAST year if they dont change things, the real rip is they take credit for things that members who walked off back in the 2000 "herd" move out did but didnt get done till way after they haqd gone. And last I dont see how it could hurt to write them if its about why you took off. But from the Prez letter in MB he doesnt sound like hes going to move at all, its only a hand full of us causeing the trouble. Well we will see wont we. Fred :hatsoff:

I know I am responding to bait from a troll! I know it is off topic! I just have to know who needs to "re-up" for what? It can't be me because I have not tried to join anything or anyone. Last organization that I asked to join used that phrase to describe re-enlisting!
So who are you quoting my post to?

La Longue Carabine said:
Gentlemen:

I have been a member of the NMLRA for about 20 years, and it is time for me to renew. At the risk of committing herecy, I am thinking about passing. A number of factors are pushing me in this direction. For one, I think they have cranked the dues up to about 40 dollars a year. I think that is a little stiff for a 12-issue a year magazine subscription, and for me that is basically all it amounts to. It seems to me that for your 40 dollars, you get a few bucks off on a rent a car and a chance to use their range out in Indiana, a place where I will probably never go. Also, from where I sit, in an effort to create a big tent, they seem to do a lot of non-traditional features with a lot of in-line stories and advertizing.

I want to add that I am already a member of the NRA in good standing, and have been for at least 25 years. Also, I subscribe to Muzzleloader, which I consider to be a superior technical publication.

Should I decide to drop my membership, would I "letting down the team"? Can anybody give me some bit of information that would make me reconsider my position?

Thanks

La Longue Carabine
Mark Rice

I was a member for 25 years, and last March I let my membership run out... Why? Much for the same reasons you already listed.

I for one did enjoy the magazine, I just avoided the Inline Ads and stories about them, they hold no interest for me whatsoever.

I did enjoy getting the information on the Nationals and such, but found that this was not even needed since they have all this listed on the NMLRA website.

I will probably renew my membership, but I will not take the magazine,,, don't need it. I already get Muzzleloader Magazine and it is far and away the better publication IMHO. As for the membership renewal to the NMLRA, yep,,, I never know for sure when I'll enter another National level match, and I do like the range there, even if it is a thousand miles from me...

So Mark, I would only suggest that you do what you think is best for you. I remember the good ol' days of the NMLRA before the plastic and sabots came along and eventually soured me on them, though there are still some old timers left that still have a lot to offer the world with their traditional muzzleloading shooting.

A club I'm working to join in Indiana encourages, but does not require, membership in NMLRA; however, you must be a member of NMLRA to be an officer in the club. I've only been in the hobby for a year. I joined because I enjoy the magazine and, to be honest, I just assumed it was a worthwhile organization. It seems to be an organization that is serious about keeping the hobby alive with education and youth events. I'm interested in learning more about your opinions.

Runner was that "?" to me?? :confused: the only re-up Ive had to do was my NMLRA ran out Feb and I wanted to shoot with a friend here in Texas, but part of the rules are you have to be a member of NRA and NMLRA, or I would of kept NRA and Muzzloader only. Again I'll say write to the prez, at least lets find out if we are only 10% of the ML shooting public? (BS) as stated in Muzzle Blast some months back. AND HOW CAN YOU CHANGE ANYTHING WHEN THEY JUST MAKE THE CHANGE AND DONT LET ANYONE KNOW ABOUT IT, Again was anyone asked about dual use (the BPCR)? Or how about the hook up with the NRA (I think this is where this is all headed -talk about scr...up a sh.. sandwich (think I left enough letters out) Its like the Prez of the USA now ,he does what he wants legal or not as seen from one side or the other, back some yrs ago something all changed and a bunch of really good people bailed, some that had MUCH to do with building what we had up to 2002. NOW LOOK AT ALL THE ML GUN SHOPS THAT HAVE SHUT DOWN! (No RUNNER this had nothing to do with you, what Ive said,as far as I can tell we are in same boat) fred :hatsoff:

No, it was not to you! It was to the troll that copied my post and then added the nice little message on the end. It kind of proves my point about the 13 year old mentalityof the organization.

Quote:I was very excited and hopefull when I found out about the TMA. I thought maybe that need had found an answer.
After being attacked repeatedly by board members, lied about publicly by two of them, the magazine rip-off fiasco, and being banned from ever having access to their website because two board members don't like me,

To whom it may concern:

And they are still not done with him. If only he would re-up they could finish him off and get it out of their system.

As for anyone else, come on over, we'll take good care of you. Promise.

Runner - Since you have so quickly resorted to name calling, I should point out that your mentality is well known, and as you have proven time and time again under a variety of different handles and web sites, its not desirable.

Perhaps you will one day come to the conclusion that there really is not much problem with the rest of the world. The problem is with you.

Regards, sse

Cool! Now how does that have anything to do with whether or not someone should or should not re-join the NMLRA?

I don't care if you agree with me personally. I did not ask you to. I did not try to join anything you have anything to do with either except maybe an online talk forum.

I do care when you come to this website and start the personal attack crud to disrupt the topic because you don't like what is being said. If you want to discuss me, then start a thread and get out of this one please!

Sorry Claude! I should never have asnswered him at all, but the first post was cryptic enough that I wanted to understand what was behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back