• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nit Wits Fall FlintlockTurkey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours doesn't start until Oct 27th and goes well into muzzleloading season which starts Nov 3rd. The season's split up, too, so turkey is a possibility here and there through the deer season till the 26th of January, where I hunt. Limit is three but one has to be taken during the spring season.

Congratulations on a fine turkey taken with an especially fine gun. By the way, how does that short barrel work at that range? :rotf:

Nit Wit said:
Haven't you heard the saying"reach out and touch someone"!
Nit Wit

Uuh...I always thought that referred to....the shot!?? Who knows, maybe I'll be able to reach out and "touch" a turkey this fall. :)

great bird how far are you from minton???? got a hankering to move but ya'll will make fun of my accent!!!! :thumbsup:

Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Nice picture and gun - yes, the smile says it all!

Silex

hanshi said:
Nit Wit said:
Haven't you heard the saying"reach out and touch someone"!
Nit Wit

Uuh...I always thought that referred to....the shot!?? Who knows, maybe I'll be able to reach out and "touch" a turkey this fall. :)

He said it was a "25 yard shot" - he meant he reached out 25 yds and clobbered it on the head with the muzzle! That's what long barrels are for!

Nit Wit, you can't be too much of a "nit wit" to have fooled that bird! Congrats! :thumbsup:

majg1234 said:
great bird how far are you from minton???? got a hankering to move but ya'll will make fun of my accent!!!! :thumbsup:

Ya not from 'roun heah, ah ya?! (You can make fun of them right back!) :wink:

well thats good 'cause we talk like the folks in Gone With the Wind,"frankly mah dear I don't give a ----- " :wink:

A couple days and a 6 pack of yuengling.We would love to have another country boy up here. We could make fun of each others accent. :haha:
Nit Wit

Nice bird Nit! Congrats! MY seasons starts this coming Saturday. Hopeing to get my first Flinter bird with 16ga. fowler I build last year. Can't wait1 Ed

Thanks for the invite....thinking of a retirement location and Maine looks good to me. Now if I can convince SWMBO she's not a real fan of winter though I love it...as far as nectar goes I think I can find some TN "White Nectar" to bring if I come that way :thumbsup: I'm in love with the sparse population numbers I've found!!!!

Latest posts

Back