• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New purchase, Blunderbus

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange shape on that crack. Looks like it might have come from the gun being used as a club. What stories it could tell.
Nice historic piece, Robin.
Looks repairable if you are so inclined. I know you have the skills.
Cheerio, Frank

Squire: what was the load, etc. that you used for assassinating the clay birds? I have a 14 ga. BB - would like to compare. A n ounce and an eighth of shot, an OS card to hold it on top of a fiber cushion wad, a nitro card and two and a half drams of FFg.

There is no perfect load for a ML clay, it depends on what your shoulder can take.

Personally I pick the largest powder measure I am comfortable with, then vary the shot slightly depending on how far out the clay is going to be when I try to break it.

Most of our ML clay competitions are won by Rick who is ex-army and has a good solid shoulder. If his piece misfires he topples over forwards because he depends on the recoil to keep him upright :thumbsup:

Rifleman1776 said:
Looks repairable if you are so inclined. I know you have the skills

Hi Frank

I didn't notice it was you posting, apologies for not replying.

I have a pile of guns waiting to get fixed and it seems to be getting bigger rather than smaller. Talking of smaller, my wife just bought us a smaller house without any stairs because she isn't too good with stairs any more. It is conveniently close to my workshop which I intend to cosify so I will spend more time working on the broken gun heap. I reckon a soft leather chair, sprawl size, and a plasma TV should do the trick. The new house is conveniently next to the cemetery, if I dig a couple of sloping graves I reckon our boxes could slide down in to the ground and land on the burying side of the garden wall ad gratis. I may need to load the blunderbuss for zombies meanwhile.

Robin

Squire Robin, The number of gun projects never seem to deminish... I think I have somewhere between 123 and 130 at the moment... sort of lost track......

by the way...whats a good loading for Zombies?

I nearly lost my blunderbuss, nearly got disarmed this week. The 2 cops checking me over knew diddly squat about UK gun law so I had to educate them. They had crazy notions like I wasn't allowed pistols, my 10g cartridge shotgun had to be locked away, stuff like that. I think they really went off the idea when they saw the weight of the 6 pounder gunnades I keep in the garage and I doubt the big box of gunpowder would have been welcome back at the police station due to it's Health and Safety implications.

Note: Do not let Microsoft spell checker auto-correct "gunnades". Right button it and you will see why :shocked2: :rotf:

don't even hafta click it I can guess where that is going ,lol sounds like a real fun piece and sorry to hear about the bobby's

Latest posts

Back