• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Movie The Revenant?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nifeman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey, any of you fellers heard of a new mountain man movie comin' out next year. Seems as though I saw something about it somewhere, it's supposed to be something about Hugh Glass' ordeal... Nifeman

I can't understand why somebody would remake that one.

I figure a juicy hot Chick flick/early west mountain man movie could be made about Sacagewea which would include the Corps of Discovery trip.

Heck it could even be truthful and be NC-17

I'd rather see an original creation, re-makes usualy get worse not better.

Although a re-make of Jeremia Johnson is long over due. modern cinematogrphy could make that story so much better.
only question is who do we get to play Jeremia and Bear Claw?

The Revenant

"...An adaptation of the Michael Punke novel The Revenant: A Novel Of Revenge, Inarritu Gonzalez’s next film will star Leonardo DiCaprio as Hugh Glass, a 19th century fur trapper who gets mauled by a grizzly bear, and then is left for dead by cohorts who rob him. When he survives, he is as ****** as a bee-stung bear and sets out on a treacherous journey to exact revenge on those who betrayed him."

Brad Pitt as Johnson, Harrison Ford as Bear Claw maybe whos gonna play Del Gue

Liver Eatin Johnson said:
The Revenant

film will star Leonardo DiCaprio as Hugh Glass,

I read this on another forum a while back and was very disappointed to see who the "star" was. I read the book a while back. It was alright. Hopefully DiCaprio doesn't try to blame Hugh for global warming. :haha:

They were looking for someone to head to Calgary to train Leo on how to be a mountain man awhile back. It was not much money for such an important position......

The gear is being made by a number of well known folks. Nort Star West made trade guns, and I know two other folks who have made powder horns, ice chisels and other assorted gear for the movie

An English Bear Claw? Bridges yep he would be a good one did pretty good as Rooster.

Sorry, I saw True Grit three times in the theater when it came out the first time. Had the VHS and now the DVD. Wayne was a great character, but a so-so actor. Kim Darby made the movie. Campbell's dialogue sounded like it was written by an ESL student.

But Bridges just stunk as Rooster.

As for a mountain man, there simply aren't many folks in Hollywood who fit the type.

Russel Crowe maybe.

BW prob would make a good Del Gue but The cowbows as Johns best good one for sure I own it but that's another one of those debates that could go on til the second coming.

Decaprio? I would think that to portray a historical figure who was actually tough as rawhide, they could have at least picked a man who pees standing up! :rotf:

showtime said:
BW prob would make a good Del Gue but The cowbows as Johns best good one for sure I own it but that's another one of those debates that could go on til the second coming.
:grin: :thumbsup: :rotf:

I think Pee Wee Herman would be better than DeCrappyhole. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back