• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New MA. Regs.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are the one's we do not speak of on this forums. :redface: now you might want to bring this up for the fact that you like togetherness. And the fact that we are all on the same team. BUT OTHERS do not see it that way. Impart rightly so. You see to many of us, I should say that loader.
TO MANY OF US, it is a sin to the tradition we are trying to keep alive. That is great but there is a bigger pitcher here. MUCH BIGGER PITCHER HERE!!!!!!! WE need to recruit many more of us to join the fight to keep it a live. The hunting shooting freedom part that is. Some will not open the door to what you have to say. And that is there's. :idunno: If i closed the door on all that differs from me I would be all alone.
Quite frankly there is a much bigger pitcher then any one of us alone.

THE semi guys hate the pistol guys, The revolver guy hate the slide guys. any reverse it. muzzle loader guys hate the shotgun guy the shotgun guy hate the bow guys the bow guys hate the crossbow guys.
SO SO wrong, Divided we fall, UNITED we stand!!!!!

I have try for years to close this gap to little avail.
I for one see the bigger pitcher. other see, it's not fair, it's not fair.
I for one will hunt with a flintlock in the same field on the same day with everyone that may carry a scoped rifle repeater. does not change my hunt. That is not how many feel.
But it does not stop there it goes to the range, the street, The home we are divided. and we are losing this so very important fight for freedom, guns, hunting because of the division in side our ranks not because of the masses out side. It is a shame.
To me we are kin. I do not own an auto my brother's do. and if you do then you to are my brother. as you are if you shoot a slingshot.
WE need to pull together.
That being said we need to get along. so we should fight for more seasons, not combined seasons. Because lots of us do not feel it is fair to group us together. That to each.
So more seasons more consolidated members of the same family fighting for more open opportunity . This belongs to all of us but divided the outsiders get to make the rules.
Now all that said, lastly this is a traditional forums and as a family this forum is for that family. And not open for debate here. You might try the non traditional open discussion at the bottom of the forum. just don't expect a welcome mat. from all but please share with us we are all on the same team. :hatsoff:

Hey Guys, chill out! I have been a sidelock shooter since 1967 and always will be a traditional black powder shooter, I own 12 such rifles.I've won New England State and Territorial Championships, Gold Medals at NMLRA Nationals, countless Woodswalks and hunted Buffalo with traditional rifles only. I'm not bragging, believe me! I'm just trying to put the message out that they changed a bad law here in MA. Your NMLRA Traditional Shooting Rep. in MA. ps: This was posted for the State Regs. section only. Master Blaster

It use to be a 1 week, shotgun only hunt anyway. Please correct me but there not giving Mass. residents anything. The ML still has to be smoothbore, slug or buckshot. There just approving another type of shotgun.
I've taken in a couple of shotgun seasons in Mass.

MA. Muzzleloading has changed their regs. a few years ago. Used to be Smoothbore rifle (percussion) or flintlock rifled only. Now all muzzleloaders over 45cal. percussion,flintlock and inline. Also used to be a 3 day season, now Dec. 10-Dec. 31. Latest change was the above mentioned break open inlines allowed, not that I care.

Now, I'm amazed. That is good. Back 25-30 years ago I hunted Pittsfield state forest. Mostly archery and a few times I went with a shotgun. I could'nt believe how many people were in the woods. I remember opening day as I was driving into my spot, cars and hunters lined the dirt road all waiting for the clock to strike. There were a lot of deer but they were all running when you seen them. West of the quabbin reservor is rifle country but with that many hunters in the woods I'm surprised that they changed anything.

Latest posts

Back