• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New caplock.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Musketeer

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey, guys, it's been a while, a loooonnnnngggg while! :shake: Anyhow, I just picked this up from Track o' the Wolf, and I figured you guys might like to see it. Billed as an 1850-ish East India Co. Officer's pistol in .69 cal, it actually mic'd out to about .67. Though made in India, this pistol's fit and finish are a step above my other Indian made pistol (flinter from MVTC). For just over $200 with shipping, I couldn't resist. I just received it last week, so I haven't tried it out yet, but I will update after I've had a chance to fire it. :thumbsup:
p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p1.jpg

Looks Great. Fine piece of wood.
That butt ring...does it swivel?
Congrats on a good buy!

Thanks, Greybeard. The wood looks even better in person. Probably some specie of rosewood, I'd guess (rosewood and teak are the common hardwoods in Indian guns). Yes, the lanyard ring swivels. It's threaded into a round "nut" on the other side of the buttcap, and then the threaded part is peened over the nut, allowing it to swivel without unscrewing. There's a corresponding round inlet in the grip to make room for the nut, too. :thumbsup:

That really is a pretty piece of wood. Good price too. Do they have anymore of those?

Plink, HERE ya go. Identical, but listed as .62 cal. :thumbsup:

The trigger pull is definitely "military". :haha: It's heavy but smooth. :hatsoff:

Thanks. :hatsoff: One other thing I really like on this gun is the captive steel ramrod. It's mounted on a brazed on hinge under the muzzle, and there's a large flat spring inlet into the stock under the barrel that retains it when it's not in use. The rod is much stouter than the removable wood ones you find on civilian pistols, and you can't lose it. :haha: :thumbsup:

Did you thin yours out in the grip or is that the way it came, i see they mention doing that on the Track site. Looks fine the way it is if that`s stock.

I haven't made any changes. The stock is...well, stock. :haha: It is a bit chubby compared to stocks on period or custom guns, but not by too much, and I think it gives it a heavier duty look that I find pleasing to the eye, so I'm gonna leave it. :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back