• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Navy Arms- Buffalo Hunter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a good deal on a Buffalo Hunter, by Zoli.
Even though it is missing both the front and rear sights, in my ignorance I thought I could call Navy Arms and orders a set. Not so, I am now on a wild goose chase.
Can someone tell me who can set me up, Navy Arms sent me to VTI, who sent me to Numrich, Sarco and Bob's Gun Shop. I have also e-mailed TOW to see what they have. I am told Zoli no longer has parts.

Why not go to Track of the Wolf's On-line catalog, and look at the parts yourself? There is a link here, under member resources, to Track's site. Dixie also carried sights for guns. They not be able to provide you with Exact copies of what were originally on the gun, but you can find similar sights to use.

Are you trying to restore the gun to its original state, with replacement sights, or just trying to find sights that fit the dovetails already in the barrel????

Have been to both mentioned, I look at the different sights, not quite sure which have which dovetails.
I am thinking of going to adjustable, so exact replacement is not needed.

You could always put a Lyman peep sight on it, I have seen a few Zouaves with these. The original sights weren't that great anyway.

Measure your dovetails, and then call the suppliers. Tell them the size of the dovetails, and they will tell you which sights will fit it. And, If you want an adjustable sight, or a peep sight, they can give you some models to consider. Go on the website, with them, and look as you are talking to them. Or look and call them back to place your order.

When measuring a dovetail, do it at the bottom of the barrels dovetail or if a sight or underlug is being measured the measurement is done where the sides meet the bottom of the part.

Back