• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is my Hawken from the Hawken Shop..
IMGP1883.jpg

mm2.jpg

That's a very nice rifle! and your outfit ain't to shabby either :thumbsup: . What caliber is it?

I believe that is a patch knife on the shoulder strap of your possibles bag. Is that a tomahawk on the left back side? :hmm:

Yes , it is .... good eyes you have there.
Also, I kinda messed up a bit in the picture.....On my left wrist is my sun dial

It seems funny that the bright wood in your first pic looks almost black in the one with you. Your "sun dial" simply looks like a strap in the pic. How does that fine looking rifle shoot? :hmm:

I think it shoots pretty good. Under 3" at 100 Yards for a 5 shot group (from a sandbag or off sticks) IF, IF I am having a good day. A lot depends on the lighting as to how well I can see.
I am using .535 ball, .017 ticking patch lubed with Lehigh Valley Lube ahead of 80grs FFFG Goex.

1005110_4434000068603_1691418728_n.jpg
[/URL][/img]

This is my eldest Grandson shooting my Hawken. He was home on leave from USMC Boot Camp. This group was fired at 50 yards. I did not shoot after him, You know how it is, you just don't want to embarrass a young man.

Back