• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloadingforum Friendship Woodswalk Fall 2013

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe me, I wish I could be there. I got the Friendship Blues - bad. It is just not in the budget.
Thank you for the generous offer - it was such a good time and I hope I can take you up on it.
It's probably safe to say you and Roy spoiled me for the rest of my hunting live.

I dream about a primitive squirrel camp: that would be unbeatable ... but for now - just a dream.

Thank you
Silex

You guy's are awesome, for helping out a new guy like that! It makes me proud to be a member of this forum, and the NMLRA. You don't find this kind of friendship, and eagerness to help others, just anywhere. I'm really looking forward to this.

I dream about a primitive squirrel camp: that would be unbeatable ... but for now - just a dream.

That would be great. Whenever you get to the point of being able to get back over here again, preferably when it's not quite as cold as last time :wink: , let me know and we'll do it!

I wouldn't be where I am in this "hobby" today if it weren't for the help and friendship of others. I'm more than glad to be able to pay it forward whenever I can.

@Silex: Flintlocks are not really "primitive". Wait until you get introduced to primitive or traditional archery hunting :rotf:
Flintlock hunting is modern and easy in comparison to this sport :grin:

Jethro224 said:

That would be great. Whenever you get to the point of being able to get back over here again, preferably when it's not quite as cold as last time :wink: , let me know and we'll do it!
that sounds like fun!

:bow: Thank you! Thank you!
But you do realize, that it doesn't really help to concentrate on other stuff than this blackpowder hunting business :grin:

I am working on crossing the great pond another time, currently there is no fixed plan - but we'll see. Whenever you get the chance to come over here there is certainly some hunting on the menu!

@ tecum-tha: Oh nooo - I am in over both ears already with this bp stuff and don't need another addiction. I did do some archery though, not really primitive but at least a recurve. Of course no hunting over here.

Silex

the woods walk shack is on the woods walk range ?
just want to be sure
Thanks

Hey, Steve, I think I shot in your group on Sunday morning at Friendship. When we were finished someone took a picture of our group. I would like to see that picture. It was just luck that I happened to be a member of this forum, and shooting the Woodswalk at the same time. Sometimes things just work out. Dave Steigerwald (Lawrence 246)

Here you go! I had such a good time today. Thanks to everyone who attended.

image_zps19e67880.jpg

image_zps27681cad.jpg

Barry

Hey Dave, its good to hear from you. We had a great time on the woods walk, and it was really good to meet everybody. Hope we can do it again sometime. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the pictures Barry! It was a lot of fun. I'll bet you and Elmer were close to the top place. I'm looking forward to see who won the plate. I know that I was way down on the list, from you guy's, :surrender: but it was still lot's of fun.

1sgt (Elmer) had the best score in our group, followed by Dave, then Master Blaster then I. I got some of the trickier shots (like splitting the card and hitting the charcoal) but choked on the snake, chain and the chicken.

I was very happy with how my Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken performed.

I am looking forward to shooting with everyone next spring!

Barry

I just got back from my first woodswalk and my first muzzle loading experience and I must say I had a blast!

I go to meet a few you from here on the forum, shoot some steel targets and put a lot of black smoke in the air. I even got to cut a card in half! It was an incredible experience and something I will remember for a long time.

Thank you very much to Jethro for setting me up with a rifle and everything I needed to shoot. Without you this would not have been possible.

It was a great time and you guys can really shoot.

Thanks for everything,

Colin

Back