• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloadingforum Friendship Woodswalk Fall 2013

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Meet at the Woodswalk shack at 9:00am on the first Sunday of the NMLRA Fall Championship Shoot to participate in the Muzzleloadingforum Friendship Woodswalk. Meet some of our members in person, shoot the woodswalk, get the highest score in our group and take home the traveling trophy to get your name engraved and proudly display until the Spring Nationals.

This is a run-what-you-brung match. Any NMLRA-legal traditional muzzleloader can be used. Whichever match number fits your gun. Smoothbore, rifle, even pistol. Participants must be muzzleloadingforum.com members in good standing on the date of the shoot. All NMLRA rules apply. The member with the highest score takes the traveling trophy until the Spring Championship shoot, at which time the trophy will be passed on to the winner of that contest.

It's nice to meet with fellow forum members, talk, shoot, and have a good time. I hope to see a whole bunch of you there.

Here is a picture of the traveling trophy plate which was donated by our member, Silex. It has a couple more names engraved since...
_MG_6723.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember to talk to Grizz and make sure he doesn't schedule the Widowmakers musket match the same time. That cost us at least three shooters in the spring.

What exactly happens on the Woodswalk? I assume trees, walking, and muzzleloaders are involved. Beyond that I'm clueless.

I ask because I think I'm coming.

That sounds amazing. I'll be at friendship during the first weekend and while I do not have a rifle I would love to tag along and watch.

This is all very new to me and I would love to see how you guys party. So to speak.

chawk said:
That sounds amazing. I'll be at friendship during the first weekend and while I do not have a rifle I would love to tag along and watch.

This is all very new to me and I would love to see how you guys party. So to speak.

looks like we just found our score keeper!

Medic302 said:

Maybe not... I'm bringin' an extra rifle. Might have him talked into shootin' with us. :thumbsup:

Jethro224 said:
Medic302 said:

Maybe not... I'm bringin' an extra rifle. Might have him talked into shootin' with us. :thumbsup:
why bother talking? just keep handing him guns at the different stations. lol

Medic302 said:
Jethro224 said:
Medic302 said:

why bother talking? just keep handing him guns at the different stations. lol

Actually, that's a good idea. It will give him a much better idea of what he would like to get when he goes shopping.

Good luck everybody and please think of the members who can't be there - TAKE PICTURES :grin:

Silex

I wish you could make it to Friendship again Silex. I'll be sure and bring my camera.
Any time you get a chance, stop by for another squirrel hunt. :thumbsup:

Just found out last week that my son won the NMLRA gunmakers $1000 Scholarship. He was pumped and my wife and I are very grateful.

My youngest won a shotgun event at the June shoot and the prize was a ml rifle.

The NMLRA has been very good to us.

Fleener

fleener said:
Loan the kid a rifle and let him shoot it!

Fleener

I'm bringing a loaner and supplies for him. Talked to him on a PT. All he's gotta do is show up, join, register, and shoot. :thumbsup:

Probably whoop up on all of us... :haha:

Grats to your younguns! :hatsoff:

Jethro224 said:
fleener said:
Loan the kid a rifle and let him shoot it!

Fleener

I'm bringing a loaner and supplies for him. Talked to him on a PT. All he's gotta do is show up, join, register, and shoot. :thumbsup:

Probably whoop up on all of us... :haha:

That's great.
I can't think of a better way to be introduced to the game.
And to think that he started out planning to just go down for the day on Wednesday.

Good on you Jethro! I hope he does whoop up on everyone. He would be hooked for sure!

Never been to the fall shoot and this year will be no different, just to tough to get away and it is a 10 hour drive.

Fleener

Back