• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader Storage - 6 month status report

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
roundball said:
ebiggs said:
Off topic a little I guess but none-the-less already brought up, does a person know or can he tell if another poster has them in the “lead box”? Possibly the offending posts just don't show up?
I have no idea...what I do know is that I don't waste a minute of my life with Internet trolls / alcoholics / drug users...they're all the same, and fortunately their attitudes make them easy to spot and weed out early...LOL

Good policy,...

I should start adopting some of mine. Number one, would be to totally ignore anyone who told a newcomer to load a muzzleloader from flask, directly into a bore. Or advocated flawed or groundless load data.

roundball said:
I have no idea...what I do know is that I don't waste a minute of my life with Internet trolls / alcoholics / drug users...nothing of value to offer. Fortunately their attitudes make them easy to spot and weed out early...LOL

:bull: It's either his thin skin or his holier-than-thou attitude, those ignored certainly aren't all drug users and alcoholics.

Giazmo, what's the RIG technique ? I've heard of it but don't know if it's ever been fully explained to me.

RIG is Rust Inhibitive Grease. Getting hard to find. I have had to use it to store guns in hot/humid environments...for years. Use RIG, bag the gun, and forget about it. When you get it out, degrease it...

Still have one of mine in a basement safe,... For 4 years now. I am positive it will look the same, next time it comes out.

gizamo said:
roundball said:
ebiggs said:
Off topic a little I guess but none-the-less already brought up, does a person know or can he tell if another poster has them in the “lead box”? Possibly the offending posts just don't show up?
I have no idea...what I do know is that I don't waste a minute of my life with Internet trolls / alcoholics / drug users...they're all the same, and fortunately their attitudes make them easy to spot and weed out early...LOL

Good policy,...

I should start adopting some of mine. Number one, would be to totally ignore anyone who told a newcomer to load a muzzleloader from flask, directly into a bore. Or advocated flawed or groundless load data.

Yep, that above quote landed me back in the lead box.... :grin:

illuveatar said:
roundball said:
I have no idea...what I do know is that I don't waste a minute of my life with Internet trolls / alcoholics / drug users...nothing of value to offer. Fortunately their attitudes make them easy to spot and weed out early...LOL

:bull: It's either his thin skin or his holier-than-thou attitude, those ignored certainly aren't all drug users and alcoholics.

You're right. I'm neither a drug user nor an alcoholic. And I'm sure the same is true of most of the crowd here in this lead box.

Look around, the shear number of people that have been placed within the dreaded lead box has necessitated the expansion to a stadium.

Then consider the collective abilities and contributions of the individuals within the structure and the amount of knowledge that is passed by the group to the whole of the forum.

It is obvious that there are some that truly have nothing of value to offer.

I have had years in corporate America. The thing that finally made me give it up was a training seminar.

Basically, it pointed out the thing most driven folks hated most, could be defined by their own character flaws. Of which, I had many....

Troll, Drunk, and Drug Abuser accusations could be the telltale of the accuser.

In some strange way, I see the lead box as a kind of badge of honor. I don't know what I said to earn this distinction, but it seems to me that this is roundball's idea of a punishment for not agreeing with him.

But you have a great point. This must be one heck of a big lead box. Just think of all the round balls that could be cast from that much lead.

It’s really simple. The MLF is not a social chat room. The MLF is not a debating center. It’s simply a place to post / exchange ML technical information that might be of use to each other, or to post a question looking for a specific answer to a situation.

If someone posts some general information, it's for people to just take it or leave it. This thread is a perfect example...the opening line couldn’t have been more clear for those with average reading & comprehension skills:
"...In case anyone might be interested in some gun safe storage information..."
The post doesn’t ask questions...it doesn’t call for agreement / disagreement...it doesn’t call for / require any comment at all for that matter. It was simply posted as information if anyone can use it, and if not it should simply be skipped over / ignored.

By contrast, this safe information has also been shared with other groups and this sort of dialogue has not come up...on the contrary, it’s been well received...so once again the root cause at the MLF is very obvious as it always is.
Fortunately, Claude’s website provides a means to weed out such participants to eliminate posts containing a negative slant, where nothing of value has been offered. Using the feature also avoids needless conflicts and/or childish escalating arguments, which is a benefit to the MLF in general.

Anyone complaining about Claude's feature being used need look no further than themselves for the reason...

Well now,,how did this go from "information" to "confrantation"
Time for everyone to step back from the line,,,swab your barrel,set it in the rack and get a coffee.
Best to just let it be than get all worked up over a posting,if you disagree do it properly,,, read it and move on.
Unless you read a DANGERIOUS posting,then respond,give your referance/experiance and move on.
You will NEVER convince someone of your view by arguing,,you must teach/reason/prove or leave it alone.
I was on another"Friendly" M/L site,about as friendly as bugs boys when they have you tied to a pole,lighting the fire while the villagers threw sticks and stones at you...Saddled my mule and left,,,,
Keep it friendly,,we might have to winter over together someday.
See you up the trail and if your in the lead,,,dont spit.

In some strange way, I see the lead box as a kind of badge of honor.

WOW! :shocked2: It may also be an indication someone needs to think, particularly if more than one poster is putting an individual there.

You know the, “is it me?”, question? :hmm:

roundball said:
ebiggs said:
Pretty sassy there RB. So what am I? Troll? Alcoholic? Drug user? Have you looked in the mirror lately?
Your arrogance is astounding......Of course you can't read this so I just wasted my time posting it. :idunno:

Sperit de bois said:
Well now,,how did this go from "information" to "confrantation"
Time for everyone to step back from the line,,,swab your barrel,set it in the rack and get a coffee.
Best to just let it be than get all worked up over a posting,if you disagree do it properly,,, read it and move on.
Unless you read a DANGERIOUS posting,then respond,give your referance/experiance and move on.
You will NEVER convince someone of your view by arguing,,you must teach/reason/prove or leave it alone.
I was on another"Friendly" M/L site,about as friendly as bugs boys when they have you tied to a pole,lighting the fire while the villagers threw sticks and stones at you...Saddled my mule and left,,,,
Keep it friendly,,we might have to winter over together someday.
See you up the trail and if your in the lead,,,dont spit.
You haven't been here long eh? :wink:

ebiggs said:

WOW! :shocked2: It may also be an indication someone needs to think, particularly if more than one poster is putting an individual there.

I don't think anybody else has me in a lead box, except maybe 1 or 2 of roundball's devoted followers.

By the way, I notice I was let out of the box, at least for a short while.

Mike Brooks said:
roundball said:
ebiggs said:
Pretty sassy there RB. So what am I? Troll? Alcoholic? Drug user? Have you looked in the mirror lately?
Your arrogance is astounding......Of course you can't read this so I just wasted my time posting it. :idunno:

Nah, Mike, I got a chuckle out of it, so it wasn't a waste of time.

fyrfyter43 said:
ebiggs said:

I don't think anybody else has me in a lead box, except maybe 1 or 2 of roundball's devoted followers.

By the way, I notice I was let out of the box, at least for a short while.
I suspect he pulls people out of the box from time to time just to see what evil they are up to. :haha:

Maybe he's got you behind the tinted glass or in the wooden crate instead. Does anyone know the features associated with those ignore settings ?

The lead box blocks your post from view,
but it doesn't block someones "quote" of your post.
Sadley I thinks it's time to put this entire thread in the lead box, some folks just can't stop from making personal attacks.
It's OK to disagree, but some(most) of this has already gone too far, :doh: :nono:

Damn !!! I'm happy that I'm not in your lead box. Wait a minute.....am I Roundball? :stir:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back