• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Middlesex Village muskets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not worried about the vendor just wondering were there guns are made

All made in India, Pete and Wendy are nice people, very helpfull, shoot Pete a email if you have questions about a gun, or Wendy to find out if it's in stock. Their muskets all spark well, and none of mine have had any problems. They are not top of the line, that would be the custom made US guns, but for casual plinking, wallhanging, or reenacting were they will get the hell beat out of them they are just fine.

Helllo

I have to agree with the others,great customer
service. If you have some refinishing and or
minor gunsmithing know how, these can be
made into some good range or hunting smoke
poles!

Cheers,Rob

Has anyone seen up close their 1757 Spanish Musket? A Spanish weapon could open up more options for a hisstoric persona.

That is a nice rifle, I have a baker rifle from them. It sparks good but had to work on the lock to get the trigger pull down, But the more I have shot it, the smoother it has gotten. They are not the top of the line guns, but for the money they seem to be serviceable. I know a lot of people look down their noses at them. But everyone has an opinion.
My next purchase sometime in the future would be the ships carbine. I like short barreled guns.

I have a Baker smooth bore which after some work is becomeing a favorate,if its any help i had it proofed by the Birmingham house with no problem ,what can i say it spark's every time :thumbsup:
Go for it.

I picked up the ships carbine last year, great little gun, no problems with it. Trigger was good out of the box but don't depend on that to happen with all of them, sparks well, and smacks the target almost all the time out to 75-80 yards, longest range I have tried with it.

i was looking at there 1717 french musket or the bakerits nice to here folks opinions good or bad
and yes indian made gun have gotton a bad rap and yes quality varies all over but it nice to see the folks at middlesex village offer to stand behind there products no matter were they are made

It's great all of you guys love your foreign made guns. Pretty soon all of your AMERICAN gunbuilders will be run out of business just like all the other AMERICAN businesses. :shake:
I'm amazed that so many will stoop so low as to except so little quality in a product. :barf:

Problem is Mike, you build your guns to exact standards and at a fine level of craftsmanship. Maybe if you would hire a few laborers who would work all day for a handful of rice and permission to sleep under your porch you could compete with these foreign companies.
I can't say a whole lot because mine was built by one of them hockey lovin Canadiens.

:hmm: My problem is that not only is the workmanship "shoddy" but I do not trust the materials that they use for the barrels and their breeches are IMHO very suspect as well---I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling when I load my Germanic Matchlock Pistol. :shocked2: "Doc"

Hopefully, the folks who buy these cheap and questionable foreign products will LEARN their lesson, educating a half a dozen or more friends in the process as to the real value of buying American Made guns. Quality seems to always fight with the human Urge for Instant satisfaction --- ie. "I gotta have one! I can't wait a year to buy a good one".

I know at my local BP club, everyone wanted to take a look at those cheap imports when a member showed up with one. Then we wanted to see how it shot. A lot of members shook their heads negatively, and walked away glad that they owned American made guns instead. This was back when both T/C and CVA guns were made here. :hatsoff:

Mike Brooks said:
It's great all of you guys love your foreign made guns. Pretty soon all of your AMERICAN gunbuilders will be run out of business just like all the other AMERICAN businesses. :shake:
I'm amazed that so many will stoop so low as to except so little quality in a product. :barf:
I don't have an Indian gun and probably never will. To each their own. I like my NEW guns to look new, not worn finished. That to me speaks of lazyness and sloppy quility, hidden by phoney wear and tear....again I know some like it but :barf: I know your guns sell, but I bet not as well as you would like, they are priced rather high......when you post, I hear alot of sour grapes

Last edited by a moderator:
I know your guns sell, but I bet not as well as you would like, they are priced rather high.
They sell fine, my back log is 1 1/2 years to 2 years most of the time. I'm not sure I'd like them to sell any better.
Sour Grapes? Sure, I don't like foreigners to take American jobs. In the last 30 years we have exported all of our jobs overseas, I don't think that was very bright as all we have left to buy is some cheap plastic **** at Walmart made in china. I know I always try and buy American if I can find it and don't mind paying more for the product. At least it helps keep my potential customers employed. I really hate having to compete with some Indian dressed in rags sitting on a dirt floor using his toes for a vice filing up parts with a dull file that probably makes 20 cents a day.
I like my NEW guns to look new, not worn finished. That to me speaks of lazyness and sloppy quility, hidden by phoney wear and tear....again I know some like it but
Nice personal attack *******. Now I'm lazy and have sloppy "quility" (what ever that is:idunno:) You gotta dog in this fight or are you just looking to slam me around....seems I recall you taking a couple feeble swings at me before. :haha:
they are priced rather high
None of your worry, you'll never buy one of my guns anyway. :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
What really surprises me is that the Chinese
haven't started turning out smoke poles,hell
the make everything else!

Rob :idunno:

Back