• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Kibler Carved Woodsrunner 45 caliber with Rice Set Trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne estes

32 Cal
Reaction score
You read that right! This one has a set trigger. The rifle will cock in any trigger position. The trigger is a $100.00 upgrade and only installed by a qualified gunsmith. The rifle has a better than base grade of curly maple. Certainly not the extra fancy grade. It shows strong figure until just past the entry pipe, then it goes plain. I went to extra effort to get a good clean finish surface on both the wood and metal. The barrel and lock are finished “as new” barrel being blued and the lock torch blue. This is priced at a very reasonable $1675.00 shipped USPS priority conus.

Attachments

• IMG_5801.jpeg
    IMG_5801.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5800.jpeg
    IMG_5800.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5799.jpeg
    IMG_5799.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5798.jpeg
    IMG_5798.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5793.jpeg
    IMG_5793.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5794.jpeg
    IMG_5794.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5795.jpeg
    IMG_5795.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
You read that right! This one has a set trigger. The rifle will cock in any trigger position. The trigger is a $100.00 upgrade and only installed by a qualified gunsmith. The rifle has a better than base grade of curly maple. Certainly not the extra fancy grade. It shows strong figure until just past the entry pipe, then it goes plain. I went to extra effort to get a good clean finish surface on both the wood and metal. The barrel and lock are finished “as new” barrel being blued and the lock torch blue. This is priced at a very reasonable $1675.00 shipped USPS priority conus.
This is a new rifle. I have only tested it on my range.

Very nice work, Wayne. Unlike some I've seen, this one has no stock cutter marks. It is properly sanded. Also the parting lines and milling cutter marks on the brass are polished off. The nose cap is finished with the screws barely showing. The single set trigger is a bonus upgrade. Great finish work at a great price.

Last edited:
Hi Wayne do you sell the lock and could you suggest an installer
Buckridge Flintlocks sells the trigger. The trigger is called the Cain trigger. I have installed 5 of these. It’s a 4 hour job. Shipping both ways could get pricey. Any gunmaker with experience can do the work. The lock is Kibler’s work.

Last edited:
Buckridge Flintlocks sells the trigger. The trigger is called the Cain trigger. I have installed 5 of these. It’s a 4 hour job. Shipping both ways could get pricey. Any gunmaker with experience can do the work. The lock is Kibler’s work.
Thank you! I’m going to take a look at it but as you point out it sounds like more than I can afford to spend. If you were in driving distance maybe but I know Masters like your self get big bucks and deservingly so! Thank you kindly!

I know it’s against the rules to comment on a classified ad unless you’re an interested buyer or are inquiring after more info, but I couldn’t help myself… that is a gorgeous rifle! Someone’s getting an excellent deal! You can be real proud of this one, Wayne.

Wayne if you could elaborate what is the idea behind this Cain trigger it? For one I can guess it gets you a light trigger.

It’s my understanding the Cain trigger removes any and all pre-travel, and -being a single set trigger- you must set it prior to cocking. I’ve heard they’re smooth as glass.

It’s my understanding the Cain trigger removes any and all pre-travel, and -being a single set trigger- you must set it prior to cocking. I’ve heard they’re smooth as glass.
Demand is the reason for the set trigger. A lot of people are used to the set trigger. I have this one set up to go into any lock position without setting the trigger.

Demand is the reason for the set trigger. A lot of people are used to the set trigger. I have this one set up to go into any lock position without setting the trigger.
Very interesting, Wayne. I had no idea that was even possible. Learning something (many things) new every day on this forum.

Not at all surprised this one sold so fast. It was an outrageously awesomely magnificent example. I was sorely tempted myself, but having already spent too much money this springs on guns and with credit card bills coming due, I just had to take a pass. For now. If the sale falls through and it gets relisted, I might have to reconsider.

So bear with me do you set the trigger at the half cock position or?
Position trigger to half cock
Prime your pan
Set trigger
Pull hammer back
Find your game or target
Fire away
As you can see I’m having a tough time visualizing this.
Thanks
And your right who doesn’t like a set trigger!

Position trigger to half cock
Prime your pan
Set trigger
Pull hammer back
Find your game or target
Fire away
As you can see I’m having a tough time visualizing this.
Thanks
And your right who doesn’t like a set trigger!
My routine: half cock, prime, full cock, set the trigger, shoot. This seems to be the safest sequence.

With this style of trigger, you’d normally set the trigger while in the uncocked position. I’m no expert, but it’s my understanding this is how the trigger is intended to function when used in its unaltered form; you wouldn’t be able to bring it to half or full cock without setting the trigger first. The way the OP has it set up, it sounds like it’s capable of being set after being brought to full cock (which is the normal/typical way a set trigger functions).

Last edited:
With this style of trigger, you’d typically set the trigger while in the uncocked position. The way the OP has it set up, it sounds like it’s capable of being set after being brought to full cock (which is the normal/typical way a set trigger functions).
The way I install and tune this trigger will allow you to cock in both positions without setting the trigger. It’s likely that I would never want to sell a rifle that won’t work this way. I do this with safety as the paramount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back