• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kentucky out of stock ,trapper on the way.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minuteman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
So Oct Co. didn't have the Kentucky kit like I wanted so I ordered the gun they did have a Trad. trapper 50cal in percussion. So what can you knowledgeable fellers tell me about this gun?

you are gunna love it! mine likes 490's, .015 patch and olive oil. 15 gr 3f to 25 yd, 20 to 35 yd and 25 at 50 yd. Groups tight.

Great gun! We've discussed this model a lot lately. Do a search on 'trapper' and you'll find mostly positive opinions.
Moose

The only "not so Good" things I have seen or experienced are...
My factory nipple shattered after about 50 rounds.(its a 6x1mm)
a comrade had his rear site come loose.
I have seen 2 flinters break the main spring.

But they all shoot great!

I have a Trapper and love it. I built it from a kit. It compares very favorably to my T/C Patriot in accuracy and it has a lighter and crisper trigger. I've put a lot of rounds through mine so far and the only problem I had was the middle trigger adjuster screw worked out. Locktite both screws (one is behind the rear trigger, underneath the trigger guard)!

If yours is like mine, you made a very good choice! Enjoy. :)

Back