• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should arrive in a couple days, but i got a .54 cal T/C New Englander to go with my .50 cal and .12 ga New Englander.

Well I did get some good readin material first i got a palgrims journey vol 1 and the delux illustrated edition of ishi in two worlds , it's the story of the last wild indian found in oroville ca back in 1911 .It's a facinating true[url] story.In[/url] fact I visited the place he was found in this past summer.lastly I got a copy of making indian bows and arrows the old way by Douglas Spotted Eagle .Best of all I had all the kids and grandkids over for dinner . We even managed to fire up the old coal forge and pound a little metal .

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife got me a Lyman GPR kit .54 caliber and 4 boxes of Hornady round balls along with 3 tins of CCI caps for my .50 Hawken........I didn't think I was that good this year, also a niece got me two horns........... :grin:

My Son got me a great book on small arms. It covers both black powder and centerfire, with comparisons on what replaced what and why. It's a great read and I can't seem to put it down! Lot's of pictures and medium-sized type so it's easy to read too! Learning about guns with a historical perspective is fun!

My Wife bought me a 1858 Stainless Buffalo Revolver with adjustable sights and a 12" barrel! Just got done throwing charges for tomorrow's range session with my Son! Can't wait to make smoke! Have to go soon and clean her up for tomorrow!

Dave

Got a Pedersoli Harper's Ferry Pistol kit. It was a total surprise, and I'm looking forward to getting started ont it. :shocked2: :grin:

I got Scoth and Cathy Sibleys Recreating the 18th century powder horn and Tim Albert's Recreating the 18th Century Shooting Pouch

Both great books!! :)

Found a pound of Goex in my stocking and got a vac seal foodsaver for all those deer and Elk I'm gonna kill next year (unlike this year :redface: )

Sounds like there was a lot of nice things received.

I received a Ted Cash German Silver rifle capper and a Merit Optical disk thing to go on my glasses. The other half thought that the glasses thing may help my shooting, will know this week.
I need the help.

RDE

I got a new melting pot, a jacket which I'm told is ok to get dirty from black powder even though its new, a wind up torch cause we are going fishing in Alaska in Aug !!!! and a can of John west red salmon with a stuffed brown bear about 6" tall - wife says I'm to call it Mohamed and a big box of marzipan chocolates- I love my wifes sense of humour. PS my mate bought me a Dremel kit and a 40 year old lathe.

Well it's a little late but my girl friends mother gave me "A Museum of Early American Tools" and "America" both by Eric Sloan, and as you can tell form the titles they are books on early american tools and ways of life. Very cool!

Frost

NO, almost 60 years ago my parents said I was bad and wrote to Santa and had me put on the naughty boy list. :haha:

Posted by Roundball:
Well, sort of related to your question is that I SOLD a nice .54cal TC Hawken caplock just to help PAY for Christmas

What a coincidence. I got a nice .54 TC Hawken :thumbsup:

Geraldo said:
Posted by Roundball:
Well, sort of related to your question is that I SOLD a nice .54cal TC Hawken caplock just to help PAY for Christmas

And I've just sold a beautiful TC Hawken stock assembly to pay for the upcoming annual Ground-Hog day festivities !!

Jim Chambers kit, got the Mark Silver Virginia rifle in 58 cal. The barrel is here and the rest should be here any day now.

roundball said:
Geraldo said:
Posted by Roundball:

And I've just sold a beautiful TC Hawken stock assembly to pay for the upcoming annual Ground-Hog day festivities !!

Groundhog Day is a good time to put together rifles from stuff found on the sale forums and GM barrel closeouts!

Back