• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

tactical m/l

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found it!!! This thing is actually pretty Tacti-Cool!!! LOL 😂

@Jasonb1911 ,

Thank you for posting the video. I am more of a traditionalist, but I was curious to see what a tactical muzzleloader looks like. When this thread first started, I tried to search for images or anything about the raffle gun and could not find anything. If they are trying to publicize this raffle, they are doing a lousy job.

I watched the video. The fellow doing the shooting and talking seems to be having a good time, and I'll say he has excellent hand-eye coordination... I've never seen a straight starter plunged into the muzzle of a rifle that way before. Somebody does need to have a little discussion with him about safety in loading, not looking into the muzzle and that sort of thing. He popped an empty case out of his Marlin lever-gun to use as a powder measure, filled it and dumped the load in the rifle, and then poured additional powder in the muzzle directly from the flask. Who knows how much powder was in there. If it was a cold, unfired gun, there is no real risk of a cook-off, loading from the flask that way, but if the gun was hot or recently fired, loading from the flask is not a good idea. It's not allowed on a lot of ranges, either. I was impressed by his ability to pick a single percussion cap out of the tin while wearing gloves, and then just pop it onto the nipple. Again, he seemed to be enjoying himself, but hitting torso-sized gongs at ten yards, or shooting a pumpkin at two feet is not all that impressive.

I wanted to get a better look at the rifle, but the cameraman evidently got his training by watching MTV videos, with quick, jerky flashes from scene-to-scene. Maybe the younger generation can follow that sort of thing, but I find it difficult to watch.

I went to the Ranger Point Precision and 2A Foundation websites and didn't find anything about the rifle. That video seems to be all that's out there. It looks to me like the rifle may be a CVA or Traditions percussion Hawken-type piece with double-set triggers, but modified with a shortened barrel, plastic skeleton stock, ventilated forend, rails and a flashlight. That's just from me stopping the video a couple of times when the rifle was lying on the tailgate of the truck. If they seriously want to sell or raffle off any of those rifles, they need to provide some pictures and information. Maybe they're just funnin' us... Maybe it's just a comic spoof.

A traditionalist could do the same type of snap shooting at gongs that the fellow in the video was doing with a short "canoe gun” or "blanket gun" or "buffalo runner" type firearm. It did look like fun, just blasting reactive targets at short range, but you don't really need a rifle with a plastic stock and a rail-mounted flashlight to do it. Just the view from my perspective.

Anyway, thanks for the video. It was interesting.

Notchy Bob

Last edited:
Well, I looked into it a little more, and found the application for the Second Amendment Foundation's raffle: SAF Raffle

Here is one of the four rifles offered as raffle prizes:

Custom Tactical Muzzleloader.png

The rifles were built by Ranger Point Precision, and here is what they had to say about them:

Build Specifications:

We started with a Traditions .50 Cal Percussion Muzzleloader Kit. The barrel was cut down from 24” to 16”, crowned, and Cerakoted black. The wooden stock had to be cut off at the wrist so we could graft one of our tactical lever-action ModStocks to it. The fore-end wood was trimmed and milled to fit a newly designed M-LOK forearm (based off our G2 lever-action M-LOK forearm). Everything was painted, fitted, and tested to completion.

These tactical muzzleloader rifles are a one-time offering to help SAF raise money to protect our freedoms. We have zero plans to offer this tactical muzzleloader furniture set for sale nor any plans to build/sell these rifles. Estimated price per rifle based on R&D, parts and labor is $1,200.

So, if you were wondering, as I was, exactly what a sure-enough tactical muzzleloader looks like, now we know. I thought it was funny that Ranger Point Precision made it a point to say they had "zero plans" to make any more of them. Four were enough, evidently. It looks as if they did a good job with what they were trying to accomplish, and the rifle the fellow in the video was shooting seemed to function very well, but their estimated unit price of $1,200 for a chopped Traditions Hawken really got my attention. I'm at a loss for words. We will leave it at that.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Back