• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Identify T/C percussion pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Austenitic stainless steels show a very weak attraction to a magnet.
These steels usually have AISI numbers like 302, 304, 321...
They cannot be hardened by heating and cooling but they can be hardened by bending or forming them with pressure.

The Martensitic stainless steels show a very strong attraction to a magnet.
These steels usually have AISI numbers like 403, 410, 440...
They can be hardened by heat treatment.

None of the "stainless steels" are truly stainless so those of you who have stainless steel guns should clean them after they have been fired.

New here but I just acquired a T/C Patriot last week. It's like new and it is very similar to yours except it IS blue and has a 'hood' over the front sight that is more like a curved U with notch cut out at 12:00. Oh, and it has the rear sight turned the right way.

It fits my hand perfectly and likes .456 conicals better than patched round balls.

I picked mine up used a couple of years ago for 275.00 and it was in great shape. I've since browned the barrel and am thinking about checkering the grip all the way around. I don't use it much now that I have the Yazel's but still glad I picked it up. They're very fine guns and a piece of America history, as are the Yazel'
s I'm told, now that Harold has retired and neither is being made any longer. Mike D.

Back