• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting...well sort of

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevePrice2

40 Cal.
Reaction score
A couple of days ago I went to my favorite shooting spot on the west side of Utah lake and while I did not have my .50 cal Mtn. Rifle with me I did get a couple of shots off with my 'point-n-shoot' Olympus camera.

I was actually rock hunting and when I drove up to a likely spot with some good outcroppings of boulders and scree and parked to check it out. The movement above me several hundred yards away caught my eye and I had just enough time to get my camera out and snap a few shots of these guys going up and over the ridge. Usually, I see big sheep on these hills but today was the Pronghorns' turn to graze. They were pretty much out of range when I got my camera going but you get the idea with the little inset enlargement. One buck, some does and youngster in the group.

Once I got up to the top the view justified a panorama shot before collecting a few rocks, a nice big chunk of calcite crystals, and I lucked up with some fossils (brachiopods or clam type seashells) when I got home and inspected my layered slabs. Not bad hunting for not 'Hunting'.

Steve
antelope1.jpg

Facing east towards the Wasatch range across Utah Lake, my car is in the bottom center. Elevation approx. 4800' or so.
utahlakepan1.jpg

Back