• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Hoyt .62cal. Jaeger barrel.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a project I quit on. I wanted to inlet barrel just to learn how. It went well until the ramrod hole ran out too far. Since the wood was free I sawed it in half and will sell the barrel. It is a Hoyt .62cal. 31" barrel. Hoyt cut the dovetails before he sold it. I cut some of the metal off the tang. They are usually way too thick for good bending. I knocked out the underlugs because they were drilled. $300 plus postage.

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0276.JPGIMG_0274.JPG

If there is no interest, I have two more stocks. This time I'll send the barrel and wood off to be properly inletted and build one myself. I have visions of a .62cal. poorboy jaeger sort of thing. Might try this one with a side grinder ala Jack Garner. He built many a rifle with a side grinder and belt sander.

What size ball and patch do you use...?

Thanks in advance.
I think the .62 caliber balls are turning out of the old Dixon's mold at around .607", and the patch is conventional 0.018" pillow ticking lubed with bear grease I rendered. Balls weigh 335 grains, pretty close to pure lead. I have killed several deer with this gun, and the ball just keeps going. The first deer I shot chest-on, and the ball exited through a tiny, neat little hole in her rear hind quarter. My friend who was with me when I shot wears hearing aids, and he turned to me after she dropped and asked if I heard the ball crashing and ricocheting off through the woods, which I confirmed. The gun is sighted in at a 100-yard point blank point-of-aim straight on hold whatever you want to call it. After 100 yards, however, the ball drops like a bag of cement.

I think the .62 caliber balls are turning out of the old Dixon's mold at around .607", and the patch is conventional 0.018" pillow ticking lubed with bear grease I rendered. Balls weigh 335 grains, pretty close to pure lead. I have killed several deer with this gun, and the ball just keeps going. The first deer I shot chest-on, and the ball exited through a tiny, neat little hole in her rear hind quarter. My friend who was with me when I shot wears hearing aids, and he turned to me after she dropped and asked if I heard the ball crashing and ricocheting off through the woods, which I confirmed. The gun is sighted in at a 100-yard point blank point-of-aim straight on hold whatever you want to call it. After 100 yards, however, the ball drops like a bag of cement.

Thank you so much for the detailed response...!

Back