• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hot off the press, Smooth Rifled Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks great! It's a lot more fun to build to your own ideas. What caliber is it? I'm in the final stages of building something similar in 58 caliber. It will definitely be a smooth rifle based sort of on the early Lancaster. In my imagination it started out in the 1700's as a flintlock but was later converted to a more modern ignition system. I'm sure to be accused of blasphemy but so be it. I'll post a picture in a week or two when I get it put back together. The amazing thing is I soldered on a front sight and just drove the rear sight in to where it looked centered. I fired 7 shots with 3 different ball loads and they were all perfectly centered and about 2" high at 25 yards in a 2 1/2" group. Sometimes we just get lucky.

It looks great! It's a lot more fun to build to your own ideas. What caliber is it? I'm in the final stages of building something similar in 58 caliber. It will definitely be a smooth rifle based sort of on the early Lancaster. In my imagination it started out in the 1700's as a flintlock but was later converted to a more modern ignition system. I'm sure to be accused of blasphemy but so be it. I'll post a picture in a week or two when I get it put back together. The amazing thing is I soldered on a front sight and just drove the rear sight in to where it looked centered. I fired 7 shots with 3 different ball loads and they were all perfectly centered and about 2" high at 25 yards in a 2 1/2" group. Sometimes we just get lucky.
That's awesome, that's how this one was, it shot about dead nuts when I shot it in the white.
It's a .62

Latest posts

Back