• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

History Channel-Wheelock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Riegl

50 Cal.
Reaction score
:hmm: I caught a quick glimpse of the History Channel today and they were re-doing the story about Leonardo DaVinci's wheelock drawings. They showed a ~400 year old work of art wheelock---and outside of misuse of terms (their lack of sufficient research) they fired this gun ( some set of cohones)and they talked about fixing a "flint" into the "dog" (term ?) and shooting the gun---which did shoot quite well. Now I have heard Teloceras moaning about using Iron Pyrites and how poor a quality of pyrites that are generally available that didn't even last one shot. So now, what they fastened to the gun did look like a flint for all purposes; now I am having a problem :youcrazy: is it pyrites or flint--clue me. :v

Pasquenel:

:hmm: I caught a quick glimpse of the History Channel today and they were re-doing the story about Leonardo DaVinci's wheelock drawings. They showed a ~400 year old work of art wheelock---and outside of misuse of terms (their lack of sufficient research) they fired this gun ( some set of cohones)and they talked about fixing a "flint" into the "dog" (term ?) and shooting the gun---which did shoot quite well. Now I have heard Teloceras moaning about using Iron Pyrites and how poor a quality of pyrites that are generally available that didn't even last one shot. So now, what they fastened to the gun did look like a flint for all purposes; now I am having a problem :youcrazy: is it pyrites or flint--clue me. :v

The original thread for that particular show is at http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/201105/

They did use flint which on an antique Wheellock is so wrong because the flint damages the wheel every time it is used.

The only thing that show does is make my blood boil! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Back