• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from Denver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all. My name is Matt, and I'm new to muzzleloading. I am currently in the market for my first traditional gun, and debating building or buying.
I really appreciate all of the knowledge and experience on this board, and especially the civil nature in which people discuss, and disagree. It really speaks to the quality of the people here. Thank you.

Hello from COS and welcome which ever you decide you're going to have lots of fun.

Welcome to the camp Matt! I don't think you can go wrong with either choice, but having one you can shoot to learn how to handle one before you build might be helpful.

The Golden Gun Club has monthly black powder matches. http://www.goldengunclub.com/blackpowder.php

Their range is about 20 miles east of downtown Denver. I think you just missed this month's match but you might want to stop by next months (they are open to the public) and talk with some of the shooters there.

The Blunderbuss is a shop on West Colfax that deal only in blackpowder guns and supplies. Jim Fox is the owner and is quite knowledgeable in blackpowder. He and Bass Pro (I70 and Quebec) are the only places in town that I know of that sell real black powder. Most of other stores only have the substitutes.

Welcome to the campfire. Ask all of the questions you come up with but don't be surprised if not all of the answers agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all.
I stopped in at The Blunderbuss last friday and spoke to the gentleman there for a few minutes. I sent him an email about a rifle that he has, but I haven't heard back.

Jim? If you are on this board...

Matt welcome aboard. You can get all the information you need here and then some.
Plenty of people on the front range and around the state of CO to help you out. Check out the CSMLA web site @ CSMLA.net and don't hesitate to contact any of the officers or directors for info and help.
Howls

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back