• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Member from Michigan

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@IronHand , in another post the OP mentions that the Williams Gunsight Company is nearby, so I would guess he is somewhere in the vicinity of Davison / Genesee County area.

Or in the UP.

Folks I know up there will drive over an hour one-way just for pizza, so the concept of 'nearby' is a bit different than what the trolls think....

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I’d like to introduce myself as my handle says I’m Jake from mid Michigan. I’ve been an active member in the traditional archery world for a few years and thought I’d give black powder a try. I’m fairly new to muzzleloading in general but have some experience. I currently own a TC Seneca 36 cal percussion cap, Lyman 50 cal percussion cap, and a traditions 50 cal shedhorn percussion cap. I’m looking to gain knowledge on muzzleloading, also to cut my teeth with black powder revolvers down the road. The next muzzleloader I’d like to buy is a 12 gauge smooth bore for turkeys and rabbits in the near future. Thanks, shoot straight!
Fellow Michigander here. Been hunting with recurves for 10+ years as well.

Hey everyone! I’d like to introduce myself as my handle says I’m Jake from mid Michigan. I’ve been an active member in the traditional archery world for a few years and thought I’d give black powder a try. I’m fairly new to muzzleloading in general but have some experience. I currently own a TC Seneca 36 cal percussion cap, Lyman 50 cal percussion cap, and a traditions 50 cal shedhorn percussion cap. I’m looking to gain knowledge on muzzleloading, also to cut my teeth with black powder revolvers down the road. The next muzzleloader I’d like to buy is a 12 gauge smooth bore for turkeys and rabbits in the near future. Thanks, shoot straight!
Welcome from Mizzery Triditional Archery? How traditional? Longbow or Recurve? I started out way back in the 60s shooting a recurve, went to a compound then back to a decurve. I then started making longbows and the last deer I shot was with a bow I made from tree I had cut. I do love a challenge.

@IronHand , in another post the OP mentions that the Williams Gunsight Company is nearby, so I would guess he is somewhere in the vicinity of Davison / Genesee County area.

Or in the UP.

Folks I know up there will drive over an hour one-way just for pizza, so the concept of 'nearby' is a bit different than what the trolls think....
There's hardy folk, and then there's Uppers.
Got to admire them.

Ironhand

Welcome from Mizzery Triditional Archery? How traditional? Longbow or Recurve? I started out way back in the 60s shooting a recurve, went to a compound then back to a decurve. I then started making longbows and the last deer I shot was with a bow I made from tree I had cut. I do love a challenge.
I haven’t made a self bow yet and taken game with one. I’ve shot deer and small game with my recurve. I am into grayling bears, and Michigan custom bowyers bows. I shoot a Ron pittsley predator recurve now. I do have some Osage staves my dad and I are planning to use one day drying in the garage to make a self bow. I am a member of about every traditional archery organization in Michigan, as well as Comptons. I like my longbows too, just prefer to hunt with a recurve. I love a challenge as well which drew me to black powder. I’m planning on taking a gobbler with my BP shotgun come a couple weeks towards the end of April. Thanks for the welcome!

Back