• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help identifying a 1851 Navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanBurz

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello, I joined these forums so hopefully I could figure out the manufacturer of this I'm sure replica firearm I purchased as far as I can tell it was proofed in Italy in 1997. It's a 44 caliber 1851 navy replica however besides the serial number and the proofing markings, black powder only 44 Cal is the only thing stamped on the gun. There is no manufacturer logo. Nothing that says Uberti or Pietta or anything and I would like to know who manufactures this gun because I need a replacement wedge to hold the gun together. Thanks
IMG_0566.jpeg
IMG_0567.jpeg
IMG_0568.jpeg
IMG_0569.jpeg
IMG_0574.jpeg
IMG_0575.jpeg

You're also missing the screw that retains the wedge. Probably a Pietta I'd say.
Yes the screw, and the tiny spring piece on the wedge itself. I thought it was a Pietta or even an Uberti, but there are no factory trademarks anywhere on the gun. Only those proof markings that I showed and a serial number on the bottom brass in front of the trigger guard.

I wonder if it could be a copy of a Pietta since it doesn't say the brand name or even made in Italy stamped on it like most of the other ones I've seen but going by the date code it was made in 1997

Well, parts would tell the story. It could be ASM since the Pietta name isn't on the rt side of the barrel.
Put some pics of the bolt and hammer cam if you can.

Mike

Latest posts

Back