• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Longview, TX

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keen4034

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi Shooters, I appreciate this site and I'm sure I'll learn a lot as I'm starting out with very little knowledge. I spent the first 67 years of my life in a coastal blue state then decided I needed a change so moved to Longview about 4 years ago. Last year my neighbor Jack, got a Cabela Hawkins 50 cal for Christmas and it looked like something I'd like to try so I bought one also. It was so much fun that we both bought Lyman 50 cal Great Plains Rifles over the holidays. I've met some great and very informative and helpful shooters at our local gun range. Now I'll sit back and learn from all of you if you don't mind. :bow:

Barry K said:
Hi Shooters, I appreciate this site and I'm sure I'll learn a lot as I'm starting out with very little knowledge. I spent the first 67 years of my life in a coastal blue state then decided I needed a change so moved to Longview about 4 years ago. Last year my neighbor Jack, got a Cabela Hawkins 50 cal for Christmas and it looked like something I'd like to try so I bought one also. It was so much fun that we both bought Lyman 50 cal Great Plains Rifles over the holidays. I've met some great and very informative and helpful shooters at our local gun range. Now I'll sit back and learn from all of you if you don't mind. :bow:

Welcome aboard kind sir! Even if you are a trans-planted sorta Texian! :grin:

Davy

Barry,
Welcome to the MLF, great having you
onboard. Quite a few other "Lonestar" folks hang
out here.Hope you will visit often and
contribute when you can.
Again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

A big howdy to you from El Paso. Both guns you chose are fine choices and some of my own favorites also. Welcome aboard and enjoy your time here. :)

Hello Barry and come on in,

Why don't yall come to Brady, Texas this June to the state championship and learn a heck of alot in a short time!

rabbit03

Hello from McAllen. I owe my interest in black powder to a buddy too.

I am sure you will enjoy it as I have. There are plenty of helpful people here.

Brian

rabbit03 said:
Hello Barry and come on in,

Why don't yall come to Brady, Texas this June to the state championship and learn a heck of alot in a short time!

rabbit03

Sounds like a place I need to be as I've heard a lot about it. Some of our local, and very good shooters go there. Unfortunately (well,not really), I'll be motorcycling in Alaska during that time. I'll have to shoot (no pun intended) for next year.

Barry K said:
I spent the first 67 years of my life in a coastal blue state then decided I needed a change so moved to Longview about 4 years ago.

Hope that coastal state wasnt California. All the good ones are leaving here. Welcome to the M/L Forum. :thumbsup: GW

Hope that coastal state wasnt California. All the good ones are leaving here. Welcome to the M/L Forum. :thumbsup: GW
[/quote]

Yep, it was. Simi Valley. Moved into the area in 46 as a young boy but the traffic and congestion just got to be too overwhelming so I needed a change. Couldn't have picked a better spot as the people around here couldn't be nicer.

Welcome aboard!

P.S. - Back in the day I partied a few times at the Rio Palm Isle out on 1845. Longview is a great place, and so is this.

Barry the Brady Shoot happens three times a year! March, July, October! So you have no excuse! :surrender: :rotf:

Rger273 shame on you for frequenting the Rio!
:shocked2: :grin:

Davy

Back