• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Handgonne touch hole & fuse diameters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was $2.50 at the fire works store. I got 3 packs of that and two packs of 2 hour punk sticks for a 10 dollar bill. I think fuse has to ship with a hazmat fee.
KIMG0586.jpg

I see 2mm fuse online, and the outfit (Trigger Cannons) says they ship USPS. I didn't think this was lawful.
Bill, I'm not an attorney and this isn't legal advice, but what I learned online is that it's the shipper's responsibility to comply with shipping legality. Fuse can legally go via USPS but it must be by ground only, not air, and the box must be marked hazmat. Mine came marked like that and I did not have sign for it.

Perfume and nail polish and lithium batteries also must be marked hazmat if they go USPS. The reason is b/c they might cause damage to the carrier, the transport vehicle, or the mail processing system. The rules and regs make for interesting reading.

This was $2.50 at the fire works store. I got 3 packs of that and two packs of 2 hour punk sticks for a 10 dollar bill. I think fuse has to ship with a hazmat fee.
KIMG0586.jpg
I have only ordered and received fuse once, very recently. As I stated in a previous post, the box I received was marked hazmat. I expected a bright yellow or orange warning, but it was in small black print that probably wouldn't have been noticed by anyone not looking for it. It didn't matter to me how they marked it b/c compliance rested on their shoulders, and they did comply. The shipper did not add any hazmat charges. In another of my previous posts I questioned the shippers who charge hazmat and those who don't. I questioned two who do charge but they never replied to explain why, imagine that. Caveat emptor!

Last edited:
I have only ordered and received fuse once, very recently. As I stated in a previous post, the box I received was marked hazmat. I expected a bright yellow or orange warning, but it was in small black print that probably wouldn't have been noticed by anyone not looking for it. It didn't matter to me how they marked it b/c compliance rested on their shoulders, and they did comply. The shipper did not add any hazmat charges. In another of my previous posts I questioned the shippers who charge hazmat and those who don't. I questioned two who do charge but they never replied to explain why, imagine that. Caveat emptor!
That hazmat fee goes in their pocket. That's why they didn't respond. That fuse that I pictured in the photo above is pretty good stuff, its burn rate is consistent too. I know the packaging looks cheesy, but as long as I can continue to get that stuff at 2.50 for 15 feet I found my source.

Back