• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Lamonta

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamonta

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Good Day,
I'm new to the forum, but not blackpowder. I first got into muzzleloading in the mid 70's and have been involved in some form of black powder for about 40 years. I am a hunter, licensed trapper, overall mountain man. I shy away from the target shoots, but try to participate in at least one per year just to be sociable :wink: My real job is a science teacher in Central Oregon. Due to a back injury, we just parted with our horses and my cowboy mounted shooting gear. My current shoot is a 54 CVA Hawken (1970's) and a cut off 62 cal. trade musket. The recession hit us hard; I parted with a lot of guns - one of which was an Remington barreled 46 cal plains rifle. It was my favorite gun of all time that once took (legally) 3 black tailed bucks in one day! That story will follow. The name LaMonta is both a bush name, but also where we live - a little known ghost town in Central Oregon. For the curious, that should Google Up! I signed on about a week ago with the forum and have been enjoying the positive nature of the postings. Thanks again, LaMonta

Welcome! I have had the pleasure of guiding some very fine hunters from Oregon, I hope things get better down there soon!!!

That's the nearest by town. We're north of there about 18 miles - typical wagon road distance between towns. Thanks and glad to be part of this.

Back