• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Graf & Sons

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure that Graf's powder is re-branded Scheutzen which is a good black powder .. probably cleaner and more powerful than Goex.

I bought some Graf's last month but haven't used it yet.

I used several pounds about 6 years ago. It was what the bp shop I lived near at the time carried. It was good powder and accurate in all my guns.

It is what I use the most. Have used goex also but tried Graf's and it shoots well in my smoothbore.
I'm luckey that I live just 45 min. away from their main store and warehouse in Mexico Mo.
Pappy :grin:

I ordered some Graf's powder about a year and a half ago. I've shot FF and FFF. I do not find any difference with it than I did with Goex, which Graf's did not have at that time. I do think it is a little dirtier than Goex, but not enough for me to complain about.

Other than that, for me, it is the same as Goex. I recommend it if my opinion matters.

Good luck.

Outdoorman

Graf & sons is schuetzen - the bottles are the same. Says imported by Schuetzen Powder LLC & made by Wano Schwarzpulver Gmbh on the label. also has a paper label on side with grade, manufacture (or fill date, not sure which) date & lot number which looks the same as schuetzen.

It works the same as shuetzen or goex for me

I had 1 pound of Grafs/wano powder I won at a woodswalk. It shot well enough but I had to adjust my load slightly. I found the fouling to be "stickier" which maybe meant it was a drier fouling. Not any cleaner or less fouling than goex, just different.

Back