• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1f for 12ga

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was new a couple years ago I bought about 4lbs of 1f shuetzen. Needless to say, I shoot my smoothebores alot and I still about 3.5 lbs left. I absolutely hated it. Switched to 2ff swiss, more powerful, better patterns and if I need too, 2ff will work in my
Revolvers just fine.

Well dang guys yall have me thinking I may have wasted my money.... I'll shoot it up regardless at the trap range. It'll be fun for the guys in the ranges next to me. I emailed graf right after I posted this to switch out one lb of the 1f for a 2nd lb of the 2f.... guess I coulda asked u guys 1st. However it sounds like i can get a decent pattern with it and as long as it busts clay and helps me with my form I'm all for it... SxS shooting is freaking hard to learn.

Last edited:
I shoot a 12 gauge Parker Hammer SxS (shotshells). For target loads i use 2 1/2 to 2 /3/4 drams of 2f 1 1/8 shot. When I load for waterfowl, I generally switch to 3f and kick the load up to 3 to 3 1/2 drams and 1 1/4 ounce shot with bismuth. All these loads have worked well for the intended targets, even geese.

Well dang guys yall have me thinking I may have wasted my money.... I'll shoot it up regardless at the trap range. It'll be fun for the guys in the ranges next to me. I emailed graf right after I posted this to switch out one lb of the 1f for a 2nd lb of the 2f.... guess I coulda asked u guys 1st. However it sounds like i can get a decent pattern with it and as long as it busts clay and helps me with my form I'm all for it... SxS shooting is freaking hard to learn.
No waist

People use it. Your fine too. Shoot a recommended load like a square load to start. It's going to send it.

I was afraid of using 3f or 4.. it was listed for pistol on the pyrodex

The pyrodex bottle 2f Shotgun/ rifle

I was like OK.. that says Shotgun..

Pyrodex didn't get that bottom crud really that you gotta push the nitro threw..

The black powder is just the last 3 4 inches.. it feels cruddy kinda is OK you don't have to clean it.. push it push down you'll feel it bottom on the powder.

The nitro card thick one are harder to push and threw the crud zone.. but just push it right down right threw the crud...

the overshot cards instead of nitro card is a 3 or 4 stack it will push threw the crud allot smoother you might like that if your shooting allot of clays.

Ive shot 1F in my 12 ga guns for many yrs with excellent results an many turkey kills. I get better patterns no matter if im loading for turkey or smaller game. Its a tad dirtier but you got to clean it anyway so what does it matter. As a general rule that I go by if i were going to load 80 FFg then I will load 100 Fg to make up for the slight less velocity you will get with the bigger powder. You already have it there so get out an try it in as many different loads as you can think of an then judge it by what it does an not what people say on a forum

Back