• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR set trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get the Owners Manual on line...free.some other good information in it for the Lyman rifles.

flint leather said:
I've seen it posted before but can anyone remember the metric screw size for the set trigger adjustment? Thanks in advance.

I can't, but I don't recall finding it in the manual either. I simply took the screw into our local hardware store, found a nut to match and used that to establish thread pitch. Then picked up one longer.

One point worth adding. The next size screw is too long by about 3/16". I had to clip it down and dress the threads. Longer than the Lyman, but not so long that it stuck down too far when installed. Wish I could recall the zact amount I clipped, but it's easy enough to install the screw too long, measure and decide where to clip on your own.

Try this per the Owners Manual pg 23 lower right corner "Set Trigger Assembly,Components, Dwg Pc.Mk.Item 51, ,description "Adjustment Screw" part number 6030164, now with that in hand ,contact Lyman direct for general technical service or as a last resort, DIXON MUZZLELOADING,Lyman's national warranty repair station,Repair and Warranty Service 610-756-6271

That factory one being too short is a problem so most folks replace it.
Just take the trigger out and go to the hardware store.
I had it here but I can't find it, I can't remember it it's 2mm or 2.5mm but I do remember I got one 8mm long.

Contact the reference for the size/diameter/length,the adjust accordingly.If you order a part you will get an exact duplicate of the one you have..Prevents Lawyer from calling.Funny thing about metric sizes,,screws/bolts come it two different pitches,,go figure,,

I believe it's 5.5x8mm, but the best thing I did to mine was drop in a set of Davis triggers.

Same here. After getting the right screw in there, I was still unhappy with the heavy, course un-set trigger pull. Since most of my shots are quick with no time for the niceties of a set trigger anyway, I didn't want to be obligated to set the trigger every time for a good pull.

The Davis fixes that, and how!

Back