• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my tag!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I kind of had it coming as I got all four tags last year :grin: so ZERO points this year.

If I don't find something in the leftover and returned tag wars, I really will be happy to sharpen my rifle skills on bunnies and such.

I would hate to buy another gun :rotf: but I'm thinking a nice .36 cal flintlock would be just the ticket to help me sharpen my flintlock off hand shooting skills. :)

dsayer said:
CO Elkeater said:
I also drew a ML doe deer tag with second choice; and my 11th preference point for deer. Plains tag, long rifle time.

11 PPs?! I don't have that kind of patience...

No patience required when you draw with the 2nd, 3rd..... choice while accumulating pts..
With about 14 pts I'll be in the big buck unit.

Sean Gadhar said:
If I don't find something in the leftover and returned tag wars, I really will be happy to sharpen my rifle skills on bunnies and such.
:)

With this new payment system, only $3 to roll the dice, I bet there will be more leftover/returned tags available. Good luck.

Nice score! I have been fortunate to have a hunting place in an OTC area where either sex tags can be had. In the drawings, I received a Mule Deer tag one time out of 10 attempts, but it paid off. Best of luck to you all!

Sean Gadhar said:
Well I kind of had it coming as I got all four tags last year :grin: so ZERO points this year.

I would hate to buy another gun :rotf: but I'm thinking a nice .36 cal flintlock would be just the ticket to help me sharpen my flintlock off hand shooting skills. :)

Not a bad idea... :hmm:

CO Elkeater said:
dsayer said:
CO Elkeater said:
I also drew a ML doe deer tag with second choice; and my 11th preference point for deer. Plains tag, long rifle time.

11 PPs?! I don't have that kind of patience...

No patience required when you draw with the 2nd, 3rd..... choice while accumulating pts..
With about 14 pts I'll be in the big buck unit.

Oh right... I forgot you still accumulate points if you get later choices. :doh:

I've always just applied for units that don't typically require any points.

I had 8 points for Colorado and did not get drawn. Now it's plan B, I will hunt my home State of Iowa. I will buy a early season muzzle loader any sex tag plus two or three Doe tags as I like deer meat.
Have a good hunt in Colorado, and enjoy the Mountains.

I use the same strategy. Last three years I got the second choices I wanted and picked up points. This year I got the elk tag on second choice but not the deer. Just put in my leftover draw app for the deer but there are only 27 of what I want.

The list for the leftover draw for deer and elk were very very sparse. If the leftover list for sales in August follow suit it's going to be slim.

It's a whole new game with the $3 app fee being the only requirement.

Back