• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Did you draw? Colorado

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, 3rd year in a row. Maybe next year...

Sadness Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

No no no, it was my mistake in not seeing where you are from. How's your bear population out that way?
Gotcha. Thought I misunderstood the post.

Ha! CA has tons of bears. They banned using dogs several years back (public proposition). Not so good for houndsmen. But fantastic for those of us who don't use dogs. They cause all kinds of mischief & CDFW stopped issuing depredation permits too. So people now beg hunters they know to help take some out. Bee yards, subdivisions and even just good ol' forest land has more bears than ever. I think it's going to put CA on the list of destinations to come for big bears. I don't think anybody saw that coming when they voted to ban hounds.

I put in for just about everything, with preference point as my first choice, and mostly NW Colorado areas for 2nd thru 4th choices; Muzzleloader elk, 2nd season deer, moose. Didn't draw a single tag. Today I put in for leftover elk muzzleloader tag ... we'll see what happens.
If all else fails, there's still Over the Counter for elk.

I put in for just about everything, with preference point as my first choice, and mostly NW Colorado areas for 2nd thru 4th choices; Muzzleloader elk, 2nd season deer, moose. Didn't draw a single tag. Today I put in for leftover elk muzzleloader tag ... we'll see what happens.
All youth get preference on all choices before they even start drawing for adults in the secondary draw. Only low demand hunts with lots of tags will make it to adults in most cases. Good luck though.

Drew a u18 cow ml. Wanted deer their but tried second choice and didn't get it. Has always been easily done but I think more apps this year.

Secondary draw results up tomorrow so maybe......

I drew a secondary Archery deer tag for the unit that I bowhunt for elk so I'm a happy camper. Didn't draw one of the three possible rifle antelope tags but I didn't expect it either. 😅

All youth get preference on all choices before they even start drawing for adults in the secondary draw. Only low demand hunts with lots of tags will make it to adults in most cases. Good luck though.
I drew a muzzleloader cow tag for 15/27 in the leftover draw.

Back