• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my new gun!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice smoothie, Darren :thumbsup: It definitely shoots...the proof is in the bushytails!

Not fair! Not fair! Not fair! First you brag about this beautiful smoothbore, then you have to rub it in by showing the squirrels you harvested. Us hoosiers have to wait 2 more months and your pic has me envious of your gun and your game. Good shooting and awesome gun. God bless!

I am thinking of getting another smoothbore, how much does your gun weigh and what general price range are we looking at for a fowler like that? if I may ask, thank you

I haven't weighed the gun so I cannot tell you an exact number. However, I can tell you that it is a lot lighter than the Benelli Nova I am used to carrying around during turkey season.

I bought all the pieces for the gun, minus the stock, from Stonewall Creek Outfitters for around $520 shipped to the door. My friend who built the gun, had a piece of wood for the stock and he charged me $150 to carve the stock and put the gun together.

I finally patterned it a bit this past weekend with good results. At 30 yards, I was easily peppering a turkey head target. I shot 80 grains FF, 1 OP card, 1/4" wad, 1 3/8 oz #6 shot and 1 OS card. Taking a fine bead, the gun shoots a little low so I need to file the front sight down some.

Thanks for the info, enjoy the holiday and your new gun.

Back