• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

fish stew

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an Austrian cookbook. In it is a recipe for Carp Soup (Fischbeuschelsuppe)
It calls for the head and tail pieces of a hen carp. as well as 150 grams of roes. and lard :shocked2:

When I was a kid the boys in the area would hold a carp fishing derby to see who caught the biggest one for bragging rites. All sorts of secret bait formulas from pea nut butter bread to strawberry jello dough balls. The fish once caught would be sold for a quarter apiece to a old fellow who had a spring house in which he would purge them for awhile, and feed them oatmeal and corn meal, The old boy said it was the best eating fish around. The collected quarters would go towards the next tournament.R.C.

Colorado Clyde said:
Yes you can smoke trout, char, and salmon.
Now you are making me hungry. Once upon a magical time I spent 12 days catching sockeye salmon on a flyrod on the Kenai peninsula in Alaska. The property owner had an old refrigerator made into a smoker, it sat a few yards from the river we were camped by. We caught the fish, butchered them, stuck them into the smoker for a day, ate them day and night. You've heard of food of the gods? That's it.

Spence

We have a guy who sometimes comes out to living history events, and he's a Frenchman by heritage. So a couple of times he's made bouillabaisse. :grin: He also made once vichyssoise, but that tasted like cold, potato soup. :shocked2:
LD

Yup. Most national meals are close to other national meals Tamilies are just puddings, viccisiou cold is high eating warm it’s just tater soup, dumplings in southern cooking just pot pies in traditional Pennsylvania Dutch. Spanish rice, pilaf pelai jambalaya it’s all one meal. And at the risk of being banned in Texas chili is just a spicy beef stew.

Back