• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First flint build completed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devodud

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I did the final assembly on my first build today. Its not from any particular school or style and is not HC/PC. This first flinter was built to my personal taste roughly in the Tennesse/Southern style.

With a little insight from you guys it came out real nice. I'll try to get some better pictures soon, but for now let me know what you think

42" .45 13/16" straight barrel

small siler lock

KIMG0252_zpsrf7jb94p.jpg

KIMG0251_zpshtbdzbrc.jpg

KIMG0253_zpss3sec2ii.jpg

KIMG0254_zpsjbttvrbh.jpg

WOW! Very nice, and a super piece of wood! Looks similar to my first, but yours is much fancier. BRAVO!

Some might argue that to look like a Carolina gun.

Mountain Dewd,

It's funny you say that, I may have creeped around your photo bucket album for inspiration on stock architecture ;-)

I'm not familiar with Carolina guns, what makes you say rifle has Carolina characteristics?

Devodud said:
Mountain Dewd,

It's funny you say that, I may have creeped around your photo bucket album for inspiration on stock architecture ;-)

I'm not familiar with Carolina guns, what makes you say rifle has Carolina characteristics?

I thought a couple areas looked a little familiar! :grin:

A good friend of mine has a rifle very similar, in fact almost identical to yours, and he calls it a Carolina mountain rifle.

Looks real nice, well done. :hatsoff: What type of kit did you choose?

I also agree with MD, looks like she's got some Carolina twist, very beautiful wood also!

I used a TVM kit, but took a little liberty on shaping the stock to my liking.

Devodud said:
I wasn't sure if the uniqueish for end was discernible in the picture

I can't remember exactly the origin of that specific V type shape you used... I'm sure someone more experienced can chime in and enlighten us. None the less, for what it's worth it looks good from my end. :thumbsup:

Crewdawg445 said:
Devodud said:
I wasn't sure if the uniqueish for end was discernible in the picture

I can't remember exactly the origin of that specific V type shape you used... I'm sure someone more experienced can chime in and enlighten us. None the less, for what it's worth it looks good from my end. :thumbsup:

I saw some plans/blue-prints for a longrifle one time that had a cross section showing the triangle forend I used, I believe it was a Lehigh of some sort.

It's my first .45, after I shoot a deer it may very well become my favorite caliber too, only time will tell.

Devodud, that's some gorgeous wood on that rifle, I only hope mine will look as nice.
How did you finish the stock? I'm going to start back on my early Lancaster soon, I got my deer and Turkey, although I cheated and used a scoped rifle, so I'll have more free time.
Again, great job, you should be proud.
ET

Back