• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Elk Neck Range MD

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainVane

Colt ‘51 & Remington ‘58 .36; Colt ‘48 .31
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The rifle range at Elk Neck State in Northeast, MD has been closed all winter due to ???. Still closed. Anyone know the inside scoop?
Pistol and Archery open, but no rifle.

From Maryland DNR:

Notice: Due to safety concerns, the rifle and shotgun ranges at Elk Neck State Forest in Cecil County are closed effective immediately for repairs to structural damage. Department of Natural Resources staff will be onsite this week assessing the situation.
The pistol and archery ranges will remain open during normal hours, but visitors may not enter the rifle and shotgun range areas during this closure period. DNR will provide updates on plans for repairing and reopening this part of the range

IF I know Maryland DNR well, and I do, they are taking their time getting the problem assessed, then they will likely take time getting funding approved, then time to get bids on the job and accept a bid, and finally get the job done...

LD

I'm just going to say that this is the sketchiest place people wise, I've ever shot at.... last and only time I was there, Some guy walked out on a hot range, and other guys were handling and loading guns on a cold range, everyone ready to argue and some "kid" "who lost his his ID" trying to get me to to buy him some 9mm at Walmart.... A State Trooper told me there's a place north of there, just into PA. Sounded like it was private but public is welcome.

Latest posts

Back