• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Early Lancaster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice rifle, Fred!! It seems to me that someone that can carve that well would be just as talented at engraving.
Beautiful!!

Ummmm, ummm, umm !!!!!
love00571-1.gif
love0050.gif

Started building in 1978, the MLers were strictly for my own use and were just "plain rifles". Didn't do much building for a number of yrs because of raising 5 kids and a busy career....perhaps 1 LR every 2 yrs. Ret'd in 1994 at the age of 62 and started to build 3 per yr and they all sat on the rack. Then decided to sell "the excess" and build more and was more concerned about building LRs that were architecturely sound and of high quality and not ornate. Realized too late that brass Pboxes need some engraving and had engraver Tim Adlam add his excellent work mainly because engraved Pboxes help w/ sales. Because of time restraints and the fact that building LRs is my main objective, never got around to engraving. Would I do it differently? Don't think so because I think engraving shouldn't be the main feature of a LR and the same goes for excessive inlays. You seem to have a talent for engraving so really pursue it but don't neglect the rifle making....Fred

Thanks for the compliment, Fred. My initial goal is to build beautiful longrifles. If that means engraving and inlays, so be it. I also like the way Jerry Huddleston builds his, and would like to follow that path. But right now it's finish what I have on hand and then we'll see.
You are a very talented rifle builder. And flashy doesn't mean beautiful. You build beautiful long rifles. I would some day like to build them as purty.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fred, I already commented at the other site but every time I see these pictures I'm just blown away by the craftsmanship...so again...a very beautiful rifle!

:hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back