• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Early Lancaster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaino

Cannon
Reaction score
Have built 3 Chambers early Lancaster "kits" and 2 early Lancasters using Chambers components but totally from a blank and this is the latest. The bbl is a .54 cal. Rice X 44" lg. The Pbox, toeplate and sideplate were made by me and the excellent engraving is by Tim Adlam. W/ the aid of an "Optivisor" {w/o it my building wouldn't be possible}, I can see well enough to shape the stock and do the carving. This style of LR is very comfortable to shoot and really the architecture is simpler than most. Just thought that some members would be interested in my efforts which don't come that easily....Fred

Lanc4OAC.jpg

Lanc4ButtPboxC.jpg

[IMG}http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu306/flehto_album/Lanc4Lock-TGC.jpg[/IMG]

Lanc4ChkCarvC.jpg

Lanc4PBOXC.jpg

Lanc4Lock-TGC.jpg

An "old guy" w/ the latest...

Lanc4FredC.jpg

If this is an inappropriate "forum" for these pics, please move....Fred

Wow Fred, that's really nice! The early Lancaster is my favorite. Seeing your finished rifle makes me want to re-start my project. Thanks for sharing.

GW

Really superb carving technique that stands out against a well finished background! Super overall effort!

Bravo! :applause:

What are your plans for it Fred? Will you sell it or go hunting with it or hang it on a wall?

It seems to me to be a shame to actually shoot a rifle like that...but I would love to see a range report on that beast...

Real nice Fred! You sure get a nice slim, trim look to your forestock. Sweet work. :thumbsup:

Great looking rifle. Very nice work you should be proud..................watch yer top knot............

very nice Fred. carry it proudly !
hope she shoots as good as she looks :thumbsup:

don't wanna be nosy, but I'd love to get a peek inside the patchbox to see the latch mechanism - i'm gonna try one like that on my current project.

/MM

Good lookin' rifle. I bet it's as fun to shoot as it is to look at.

Dan

Fred. That is one super looking rifle. Really clean work & fit of everything & carving is superb. The patchbox engraving is awesome, wish I could make one look so perfect. :bow:

Fabulous job all over. :thumbsup:

Keith Lisle

Fred: Congratulations on a fine gun that is a true work of ART! :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Those moldings really do enhance the lines and beauty of the wood, and help the eyes focus on your carving skill. Absolutely Beautiful! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Thanks to all for your kind remarks. I guess I'm just plain lucky to be able to spend time each morning on projects such as this. Presently building another Bucks County which is my preferred LR style. The Pbox release is common w/ many original Lancasters except the button and push rod are 2 pieces. This is the first Chambers Dale Johnson lock that I've used....really matches up w/ the wrist nicely and is quite suitable for an "early" looking LR. Again, I appreciate everyone taking the time to look at this LR.....Fred

Fred,
I can't help but think what a real old timer, from the late 1700's would have said about a beauty like that. I have fair eye sight yet and I couldn't begin to make something that fine. Thank you for taking time to post the pictures!

p.s did I mention that's a beautiful rifle!!!

Back