• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dumb Question........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been many-many ideas tried for firearms. Many of them worthless and/or dangerous. I was once shown a little known CW experimental 'bolt action' rifled musket muzzle loader repeater. Yes, weird. Several charge and ball loads were put in over the previous one and after a shot the 'bolt' would be worked bringing up another for a rapid follow-up shot. I don't think it worked very well. This rifle is in the safe of the Ralph Foster Museum at College of the Ozarks in Point Lookout, Missouri near Branson. I t is not on display, I was given a special showing.

As soon as I saw the poster’s question I thought of the Fort Pitt exhibit. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, Grumpa

Several people who have added to this thread have mentioned "a small brass funnel". I have looked for one of these for some time, and have not been successful. Where might I purchase one?

Find an appropriate modern rifle casing. I've used .234 to 30.06 casings. Basically which caliber will fit in the horn hole or make the hole fit the casing. I pop out the primer and drill the base the size of the casings inside dimension. I carefully drill the same size hole in a Goez can cap (Since I use Goez). I slowly force the casing through the hole inside to out. When the outside ejector recess reaches the cap surface, I try to force the tin edge of the cap hole into the recess and then I'll set it unto a pre-drilled hole in a piece of wood to hold it as I solder it inside the cap. Cool it use it. Make a couple, they get lost. LOL :hmm:

Latest posts

Back