• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dumb Question........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Find a company that does gutters and all for a little scrap of copper gutter, or but a small piece and make a funnel. The wife should leave that alone

For a wile at least

When I made my horn, I put a threaded insert in the cap, then made the strap holder button with a threaded rod inserted, unscrew the button, fill the horn through the big screw. The threads are brass so no sparks.

I made a filler spout from a metal goex can lid. I made it from stainless steel brake line and drilled a coorisponding hole in the lid, epoxied the brake line with the fluted side of the line on the inside of the lid. Goex has since stopped making the metal cans and went to plastic instead, I have a few metal cans laying around, so I transfer my powder from the plastic can to the metal ones and use the home made spout. I know....it sounds like a pain and I may be overthinking the whole procedure, but it works well for me.. :v

I made a filler spout from a metal goex can lid. I made it from stainless steel brake line and drilled a coorisponding hole in the lid, epoxied the brake line with the fluted side of the line on the inside of the lid. Goex has since stopped making the metal cans and went to plastic instead, I have a few metal cans laying around, so I transfer my powder from the plastic can to the metal ones and use the home made spout. I know....it sounds like a pain and I may be overthinking the whole procedure, but it works well for me.. :v

I overthink less. I carry spare powder in a period correct 35mm film canister or 3.

Not into reenacting or maybe I'd get a horn? I just fill my PC film canisters outta the powder can :idunno:

:blah:

CVA made a small flask about the same size as two film cans....It would serve you well. It fits in a shirt pocket.
Traditions makes one similar.

You can cut the spouts to length....
Just remember to coat all the threads with a little beeswax....

xjighml.jpg

S3i3nFG.jpg

Ya know.....I'm surprised no one built a gun with a flask in the stock.... :hmm: They put everything else in them...Coffee mills, patch boxes, cap boxes, crease holes, vent pick holders..............

I got tired of trying load my powder flask with not enough hands to do the job so I finally found a funnel that could have a die run down it to screw into the threaded opening in the flask. lucked out and ran the 3/8-24 die down and all is lots easier now.
can't get the pic up and running but it's an old coleman fuel filter for the lanterns.
mouth is wide enough so as not to spill any powder from the can.
S7wHS

I understand so. Open lever and point down and drop a ball in, then move to another position and point down to charge, then to a third position to prime cock wheel and then close and shoot. Expensive and you wouldn’t want to go off without being sealed well. Not with your cheek laid up against the flask.

Latest posts

Back