• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Do you have to do an FFL transfer of a muzzleloader in Va. ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe 'they' should worry about all the 'ghost guns' first before 'they' worry about an un-concealable, five-foot long single shot musket, huh? The de-farbers will 'move' a serial number from the top of a barrel to a hidden spot under the stock specifically to comply with such laws.

That's the thing you can't use an FFL transfer if the gun won't be registered on the other end . Not a lawyer but I have done alot if NCIS checks and transfers

Maybe 'they' should worry about all the 'ghost guns' first before 'they' worry about an un-concealable, five-foot long single shot musket, huh? The de-farbers will 'move' a serial number from the top of a barrel to a hidden spot under the stock specifically to comply with such laws.
I would not be surprised if a home built muzzleloader falls under New York's definition of Ghost Gun

What about a Kibler kit? I don't think they have serial numbers.
The key to what I was pointing out is the "conversion" to modern ammo.

There are folks that do this but think that by disassembly the revolver is now back to being an antique firearm.
Which is fine unless somebody gets involved in a scenario where Law Enforcement gets involved, and the user is not the person who did the conversion, but bought it converted.

It's kinda like hazmat stuff..., it doesn't matter what the stuff actually is, for when it gets placed in a hazmat container, it becomes a hazmat material. I remember a person at a naval hospital was moving out of his apartment, and used garbage bags marked for hazmat to toss his unwanted junk, and even though he could've tossed the stuff in lawn/leaf bags without penalty, once he tossed the stuff in the hazmat bags, that was a massive violation.

So if somebody gets into a legal scrape and tells the prosecution they bought the revolver from Joe Sixpack and it came with a BP and a conversion cylinder, OR it came ready for BP but Joe sent along in a different box, a conversion cylinder (so long as it's already fitted and drops right in), that's bad for the new owner and for Joe. That's one of the reasons why such devices may not be sold via classifieds or even appear in the photos here at the Forum

LD

Latest posts

Back